- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth, and success.
Our Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Retail Function Team
Dyson’s Global IT – Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Retail Systems Function – has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global planning, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain aftersales and retail business processes. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team is arranged into three business and technology-focused domains:
- Manufacturing Systems
- Supply Chain Systems
- Retail Systems
Key accountabilities are:
1. Project management and delivery
- Ensures projects are well structured, planned and executed
- Creates exceptional quality project initiation documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources, and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary
- Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for continuous improvements, discuss and align with the Programme Manager
- Work with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies internally and externally within the IT roadmap
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high-quality delivery during project execution
- Produce project status/highlight reports
- Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification
- Ensure all project resources and their utilization are captured in the system accurately
2. Budget and financials
- Creates detailed and accurate budgets for review with Programme Manager and business stakeholders
- Management of Capex and Opex budget on projects
- Report monthly budget estimates
3. Team leadership
- Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables
Key skills required:
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methodologies (PMI / Agile etc)
- Good working knowledge of collaboration platforms (Confluence / Jira, MS Teams)
- Robust risk management
- SAP implementation experience preferably with complex multi-year rollouts.
Key experience required:
- At least 7 years’ experience of IT project management from consultancy environment or end user with strong vendor management experience.
- Must have project management certification e.g. PMP, Prince2 etc.
- Experience of successfully leading cross-functional, culturally diverse and dispersed global teams
- Knowledge and experience of all stages of the project lifecycle from early life cycle of business case to service transition.
- Experience of delivering mega sized projects with budgets more than £3million.
- At least 2 implementation cycle of SAP IBP or equivalent as a project manager.
- Business change management and communication planning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong stakeholder management skills through local subject matter expert and all the way to senior stakeholders
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Capable of visualising a problem context/situation, developing alternative options from concept to implementation.
- Experience delivering projects in the SAP Enterprise environment (S4 Hana & supporting SAP modules)
- Industrial experience/appreciation of Product Lifecycle (Product Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Logistics)
- Project Financial and optimising cost
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections
- Experience with Planview Enterprise One
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation
- Process focused and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic, and results-driven
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
- Team player, open, honest, and responsible
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high-pressured commercial arrangements
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- Ability to deliver and deliver under pressure
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.