- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
The team is responsible to carry out the rapid prototyping operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
About the rolePrimary role duties
- Prioritizing, planning and coordinating the conflicting prototypes request and ensuring on time delivery.
- Prototyping capacities allocation and forecast tracking to ensure In-house capacities are fully utilized.
- Responsible to support and carry out in-house rapid prototyping operations – Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Stereo lithography (SLA), Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) and Objet 3D printing operation to meet project time plan.
- Advanced project management skills, to manage, schedule, and track multiple prototype production and processes simultaneously to meet time plan.
- Discuss with Project Managers or Design Managers about the required prototypes rigs/parts allocation.
- Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Time Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes.
- Support strategic direction and specific projects.
Secondary/additional role duties
- Lead to develops and analyses statistical data in relationship to assign projects to determine required standards and establish proposed quality improvements.
- Lead to implement LSS, to drives to optimize rapid prototyping processes to reach prototype quality, efficiency and process repeatability.
- Prepares instructions, such as Statistical Process Controls (SPCs), and routings for rapid prototyping operations.
- Collect, keep track and analyses statistical data in relationship to assign projects to determine required standards and establish proposed quality improvements.
- Key personnel to supervise and ensuring AM & RP operations, verifies conformance of printed work pieces, follow the required specifications by using measuring instruments such as profile projector, calipers, bore gauges, pins, micrometers, smart scope, Renishaw Equator and various measuring devices
Previous work experience
Candidate must possess at least diploma / higher diploma or degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
Minimum 6 – 8 years of working experiences in additive manufacturing or any rapid prototyping industries or operations.
Exposure to, understand and work to lead the Lean Manufacturing or Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Strong Project Management Skills and manufacturing process knowledge.
Able to analyse and prescribe solutions to tasks or constraints.
Able to independently perform troubleshooting of problems and report to line manager.
Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM i.e. Magic RP or 3D Sprint or any RP AM modelling software, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
Understanding AM or engineering plastic / metal part design and processes.
Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
No allergies related to dust, solvents or paints.
Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform details work.
Must perform work safely, in compliance with HS&E requirements, and take actions to ensure a safe working environment.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure
Minimum 6 - 8 years of working experiences in AM&RP (Preferable).
Advanced-level user of AM & RP 3D Printing Systems and Operations, RP CAD software tools (Materialise software preferable), SLICE Programming (where relevant) for AM & RP.
Advanced-level knowledge & experience of AM & RP technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline (where relevant)
Advanced-level knowledge in AM material - mechanical & technical data, and capable of provide analysis details and material characteristic to recommend suitable type of AM material to required application.
Behaviours necessary for success
Ability to gather information & problem solve with a systematic, logical approach. The Senior will often have to solve complex problems which often span multiple disciplines/projects & typically without any precedent. Will be leading cross-functional team to resolve often business critical issues effectively. Management of key management stakeholders is crucial.
Ability to accept & assess multiple opinions/viewpoints independently, recognising evidence & able to determine technical direction spanning several wider cross-functional areas in RDD.
Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.