- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleThis is an In-Laboratory position, and the key activities will be planning and allocating resources - materials or filter media according to specification, arrange and fabricate jig and fixture, operating ultrasonic welder, PU/hotmelt dispensing, operating 6axis robotic arm, where these are the filter prototyping processes to build prototypes filter. The completed prototype filter will be used in Dyson’s NPI stages.
- You are a subject matter expert of hands-on in Filter Prototyping operation.
- Understand and capable to assemble filters according to the design intent with using of lab prototyping equipment.
- Understand the process and have good technique to pot the filter media with the SLS/ SLA/ plastic parts by using adhesive or Polyurethane. Find the best way to assemble the filters.
- Have knowledge on equipment of ultrasonic welding technology in order to build filters from non-woven materials or with plastics (setting up parameters of amplitude, frequency, timing, engagement, design, and fabricating holding jig, horn, knurl design etc.)
- Have knowledge on design and fabrication of heat stamping mould and heat stake technology. Have knowledge of hydraulic system and PLC system.
- You are also responsible to support and carry out the filter investigation test by using smoke test, hydro test etc. Must have analytic thinking to determine any suitable tests that may require to ensure the filters built is in good quality.
- You are responsible to ensure quality through leak test by using leak tester, flow meters, pressure drop using differential pressure meter and emissions test capability – particles counter measurement.
- You are responsible for the daily maintenance check list and ensure all equipment in the Lab is in good working condition.
- Working closely with Engineers to help to produce filter prototyping parts, proactively offering practical ideas and solutions.
- Interact and collaborate with equipment suppliers on warranty repairs, necessary improvements, and upgrades.
- Work with minimum supervision, provide daily job progress and report status to line manager.
- Demonstrate leadership. Acts as Team Leader in Team Leader’s absence.
- You are responsible for safety & health matters and safe operation of filter prototyping machines in workshop, housekeeping & 5S.
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher certificates in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of working experiences in Filter Manufacturing industry or any other manufacturing environment.
- Working experience in Filtration and Dust separation engineering will be added advantage.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
- Able to analyse and prescribe solutions to tasks or constraints.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Computer literate with good understanding in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good communication skills at all levels and must be able to interface effectively with engineers to ensure that filter prototypes are delivered on agreed time.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.