- Quality and Reliability
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Perform part measurement tasks as assigned. This include:
- Review of drawing/ measurement requirements with relevant personnel.
- Prepare the necessary resources to carry out the task, including:
- Availability of Jig & Fixtures
- Setting up of measurement programs
- Buy-off the setup as fit-for-use
- Training of measurement inspectors
- Report the results via suitable means.
- Responsible to maintain the uptime of measurement equipment in QA area by ensuring equipment are calibrated and fit-for-use.
- Maintain calibration status for all QA measurement equipment by arranging external calibration or perform internal calibration.
- Perform MSA on equipment and improve where needed.
- Provide internal training to QC inspectors on operation of the measurement equipment, including simple troubleshooting.
- Perform corrective actions to address identified measurement problem.
- Provide technical expertise and training to the QC inspectors.
- Proactive mindset to improve measurement efficiency.
- Complete all assigned measurement tasks within the stipulated timeline.
- Ensure minimal downtime for equipment through good preventive maintenance initiatives.
- Ensure all jig & fixtures are in good working conditions.
- Ensure good MSA of measurements.
- Ensure the calibration status for measurement equipment.
- Maintain good 5S for the Metrology area.
- Technical/ Diploma qualification related to Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Quality / Process / Product / Engineering capacity in a manufacturing industry.
- Must be able to read, understand, and conform to mechanical drawing requirements, including GD&T application
- Ability to program and operate measurement equipment:
- CMM (Hexagon Global Performance 7107 and Mitutoyo Crysta Apex S574)
- Roundness Tester (Mitutoyo Model RA-2200)
- Smartscope (OGP Flash CNC 200)
- Small tools such as gauges and dials
- Ability to create, modify, and maintain program scripts for the aforementioned equipment.
- Jig and fixture design knowledge.
- Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge in 6-sigma methodologies (especially GR&R) would be an advantage.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.