- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy-efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4,000 of us in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
About the roleWe are currently looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to be based in our Malaysia Development Centre, Senai Johor Bahru reporting directly to the Senior Quality Manager. The candidate should have core competencies in managing the Supply and Manufacturing Quality deliverables particularly in Project Ramp-Up Manufacturing Quality Operations.
- To assist Head of Department on managing Key Performance Indicators, KPIs whichever assigned.
- To engage Dyson cross teams / functions as well as Contract Manufacturer(s) during New Product Introduction protocols and processes to a successful SOP Milestone and later to Flawless Product Launch phase in the market.
- Liaise with Market Quality Teams to understand the key performance issues on products in the field, whether they are reliability, performance or usability issues.
- Lead to review reports from Market Quality Territory Teams during launch monitoring period and facilitate on the return of any field failure units. Assist in analyzing field returns with the wider quality and engineering teams to access impact to product quality. Perform reliability assessment with further validation if required. Propose, drive and validate fixes.
- Propose and review design mitigations to ensure robust corrective actions (whenever necessary)
- Assist Project Quality Lead to drive reliability failure rate improvement activities.
- Perform prediction of product reliability failure rate with inputs from product validation and historical data.
- Liaise with the Quality Data Team to understand the product service activity rates of Dyson products in the field at both product-level and part-level.
- Assist the Hometrial team to support efficient and targeted, fact-finding trials of developmental products in territories. Investigate any reliability faults suffered by trial rigs.
- Ensure clear and effective internal and external communication within the Global Quality and Reliability and cross-functional teams.
- Produce clear and concise reports that summarize work undertaken that are tailored to the knowledge level of the intended recipient.
- To ensure all Dyson products are manufactured according to the agreed work instructions, standards, processes, procedures, drawings and guidelines including rework.
- To ensure all equipment, jigs and fixtures are made to specification, commissioned, calibrated, and used correctly as per intent.
- To ensure all production direct labor (including repairers) are well trained and certified to the required level for their assembly stations.
- Ensure the integrity of the production data and the product history records from the defined and agreed data collection points including IQC (Incoming Quality Control) to OBA (Out of Box Audit) and that these data are used to correct/optimize the line/s as part of a continuous improvement program. To also ensure that these data are with full compliance with the require record retention requirement and procedure.
- Establish, monitor and communicate CM (Contract Manufacturer) performance, gaps and improvement against plans.
- Support the Category Quality Team in understanding the perceived quality and reliability of Dyson products in-market, and the causes behind.
- Lead in building a data-driven picture with which to provide compelling answers to queries from a variety of origins. Support the work of Engineering to improve current products and ensure new products are of the highest quality.
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Engineering or Science but not limited to disciplines such as Electronic / Industrial / Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a project management and manufacturing discipline in a regulated environment. Some experience in a design role will be an advantage.
- Strong technical background in accessing production readiness inclusive of assembly lines setup.
- Quality management of products in various development phases.
- Proven experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, problem solving tools and methodologies e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE, DMAIC etc.
- Demonstrate understanding in engineering specifications for component or assembly drawing.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions adhering to clear processes.
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects into production with high levels of success.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, catering for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
- Ability to plan ahead and self-organize, prioritize tasks and coordinate with the work of others
- Adaptability - Seek to stretch and enhance the role of Quality across Dyson cross functions. Supports others within the functions, users and suppliers so that maximum value is derived by all processes.
- Self-motivated, independent, results driven.
- Passion for delivering results and product quality.
- Process change / improvement skills are essential.
- Analytical and Attention to detail is a must.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.