- Quality and Reliability
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Engage with external Suppliers and Dyson’s Operations and Commercial teams throughout the sustained Product life cycle to ensure the delivery of safe and reliable cells and battery packs into Consumers’ hands.
- Build strong relationships with Dyson’s Battery Pack teams across all levels and sub-functions and manage the provision of daily quality support.
- Assess and influence supplier strategy alongside the Supply Chain and Commercial teams to ensure robust controls are in place for critical supplied materials/ parts.
- Ensure critical requirements are clearly captured in the respective supplier specification and contract agreements.
- Coordinate and conduct Supplier qualification audits.
- Ensure Suppliers develop manufacturing processes that meet Dyson’s design intent and have a robust Quality System in place, with rigorous controls for critical-to-quality items.
- Lead field failure investigations pertaining to cells and battery packs; ensure effective containment and corrective actions and incorporates lessons learnt into future products.
- Analyse and identify critical process controls that affect the safety and reliability of the assembly and ensure they are controlled in an efficient manner through documentation and Statistical Process Control.
- Ensure robust Incoming Quality, In-process quality and outgoing quality controls are established and monitored particularly around the delivery of Li-Ion cells from our various suppliers.
- Build and manage a team of specialist engineers to enable attainment of the above-mentioned goal.
- Upskill the team to be able to robustly identify all critical-to-reliability and critical-to-safety aspects of end to end battery pack production.
- Provide day to day support and work closely with battery manufacturers and pack assemblers to investigate root causes and implement corrective actions to minimize yield losses (thus minimizing risk) in the production line and in market
- Grow the capability of the battery pack assemblers to enable them to maintain the quality and reliability of the battery pack post SOP through robust training and knowledge sharing.
- Be an advocate for battery safety through continuous campaigns and field analysis sharing.
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Engineering with minimum 5 - 8 years' management experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a project management and manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Language proficiency level 3 or better in Korean an advantage
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and relentlessly drive continuous improvement.
- Experience working on quality matters in design engineering and production environments.
- Experienced practitioner of Quality tools and methodologies, such as: Critical to (safety, satisfaction, reliability), FMEAs, Statistical Process Control, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma.
- Sound knowledge in ISO 9001/IATF 16949/ VDA6.3
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in supplier quality management for energy storage/ batteries.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.