- Operational Engineering
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
In Dyson Global Aftersales, Refurbishment Operations is a multidiscipline team which manages Dyson products that return to us in all markets worldwide. We rejuvenate these products, creating new opportunities to delight an extended group of potential Dyson owners at a competitive offer and promotes sustainability in the lifecycle of Dyson products. Our teams provide refurbishment strategy, policy, operations, planning and engineering support to all regions and country where Dyson has presence. In addition to product sustainability, we drive recycling in aftersales, exploring further opportunities to extract value at end of life and implementing new ways to reuse, reduce, recycle.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
As the Senior Refurbishment Engineering Manager, your primary role will revolve around overseeing the implementation and ongoing management of refurbishment engineering activities, with a focus on supporting refurb operations in both Europe and the UK. You will be at the forefront of developing and optimising refurbishment processes and engineering capabilities, collaborating closely with contract manufacturers and in-house solutions. Taking full ownership of this crucial area, you will strive to deliver cost-effective graded products, thereby contributing significantly to the rapid growth of Dyson's product portfolio in the region.
Building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders will be a guiding principle in your role, ensuring that you understand their requirements comprehensively and are able to implement efficient solutions in refurbishment engineering. By partnering with regional and global supply chain, quality, product, and repair teams, you will be able to achieve seamless integration and streamlined processes across the board.
You will enjoy a high level of autonomy while also working collaboratively within a complex, multi-stakeholder environment. Your responsibilities will encompass driving refurbishment strategy, engineering, and product management for Dyson-graded products. This will involve ensuring output delivery, operational and engineering readiness, product quality, and cost optimisation objectives are met.
You will also play a crucial role in supporting selection and management of contract manufacturers. Moreover, you will be the driving force behind ensuring strict adherence to all product, quality, legal, and health and safety compliance in all aspects of refurbishment activities. Your technical expertise will be instrumental in optimising the refurbishment process and flow, achieving effective and efficient build performance.
Acting as the main point of contact, you will provide vital technical support and manage aftersales-related notifications and bulletins for refurbishment sites, both internally and externally. Additionally, you will take the lead in refurbishment New Product Introduction (NPI), ensuring that new products are refurbishment-ready in a timely manner. This will entail introducing new procedures, processes, equipment, tests, and quality requirements, culminating in the development of a robust Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for refurbishment.
Another critical aspect of your role will involve regular liaison with Senior markets/regional leads to track and report performance and determine budgetary requirements, thereby ensuring that all refurbishment environments are effectively resourced.
- Experienced Senior Refurbishment Engineering Manager with Bachelor's/Master's degree
- 10+ years in electronics devices/appliance refurbishment, manufacturing, and service
- Skilled in process, test, and product engineering, quality management, sustainability
- Knowledgeable in refurbishment operations and lean manufacturing principles
- Strong technical aptitude, innovation, and commercial orientation
- Proven management experience in Europe and UK
- Excellent project management, communication, and analytical skills
- Effective in managing senior stakeholders and diverse groups
- Fluent in English, willing to travel globally (Asia, Europe, Americas)
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail purchases
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Access to on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to purchase additional holiday days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Digital GP services
- On-site physiotherapy and GP services
- Prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.