- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
As a Senior Regulatory Specialist, you will be instrumental to our continued innovation in exciting new categories and technologies.
You will be a part of 'Regulatory Affairs', within the Global Compliance and Approvals (C&A) team. As a team, we remove barriers to accessing markets, ensuring Dyson products are compliant with all global regulatory standards and requirements. Including but not limited to: Radio Frequency, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Safety, Energy Efficiency, Banned and Restricted Substances
The Regulatory Affairs team is a group of experienced regulatory specialists offering regulatory expertise across the full product life cycle, i.e. regulatory strategy/pathways, Technical file compilation/submission and post-submission maintenance.
The role of the Senior Regulatory Specialist is to research and maintain a comprehensive register of the regulations and standards that guide the development and sale of Dyson products, both within the Core Dyson ranges and for new categories and technologies. You will be responsible for contributing to the work of a small and specialist team assessing new products and setting out the requirements for product design and development, as well as ensuring that all regulatory requirements are known as we develop our new and future product portfolios. You will also work with the applicable Compliance engineers and design and engineering teams to guide them on developing compliant product(s) for the global market. The job will also involve helping to mentor the technical regulatory work of junior colleagues.
- Provide expert advice to internal stakeholders to support the design, development, and successful approval of products, globally
- Feed into and manage appropriate technical device files in conjunction with the Regulatory Affairs Manager and relevant Principal and Lead Regulatory Specialists
- Identify, organise, and contribute to work required to meet and manage the regulatory requirements for Dyson products i.e. EU LVD/RED/GPSD, US CFR & CPSC regulations and Rules, etc.
- Act as point of contact and liaise with test houses, notified bodies and relevant regulators
- Develop Regulatory Routes to Markets for relevant products, categories and technologies
- Ensure regulatory and standards updates are effectively monitored and communicated
- Own & contribute to initiatives & change projects within the Regulatory Affairs team and wider C&A team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior colleagues
- Technical/Engineering Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge and experience assessing and determining applicable regulations relating to the design, development and supply of consumer goods products within the UK, EU, US and Canada, (knowledge of other markets is also desirable)
- Experience of compiling Technical Documentation to successfully meet EU LVD/RED/GPSD requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance and technical standards principles
- Ability to interpret technical documentation and provide detailed guidance
- Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Relevant experience of general R&D product development would be an advantage
- Research skills
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.