- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
We are looking for someone to join our dynamic finance team to manage the monthly and year end statutory accounting process. This role will have responsibility for monthly reporting and communication of statutory results to key stakeholders, alongside being a key contact for the annual external audit. We are looking for someone who is used to working as part of a team, has strong technical accounting knowledge (including the preparation of consolidated financial statements for large Groups) and enjoys communicating with a wide range of different teams and people.
About the Role
- Preparing our Singapore Group accounts at year end. This will involve managing and liaising with a number of key stakeholders (tax, treasury, financial centre of excellence) to ensure results are delivered on time and accurately.
- Being a key point of contact for the Group’s external auditors, which involves collating requests and organising our internal responses to these.
- Preparing our UK statutory accounts including drafting key communication to the UK Directors regarding these accounts.
- Input into the year end finance Audit Committee papers.
- Supporting the signing process involving liaising with UK and local Directors, external auditors, and global finance teams to ensure these are signed efficiently and on time.
- Assisting with annual reporting to banks, including working with our treasury team to complete this.
- Calculating and posting statutory monthly adjustments for the Group.
- Reviewing statutory tasks performed by other members of the team
- Preparing the monthly Statutory Board Pack which is distributed to the CFO and the executive team.
- Preparing the Group Cash Flow and assessing these movements.
- Oversight of the guarantee provision process from concept to ensuring consistency of application across the Group.
- Contribute to accounting, system and compliance finance projects as required.
- Update and advise on internal accounting policies.
- Provision of technical accounting advise to finance teams across the Group.
You will be a qualified accountant with statutory experience ideally from a practice background, with strong technical accounting knowledge and experience in dealing with large consolidations.
- Strong organisation skills and thorough attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage a number of concurrent deadlines
- Proactive and able to quickly grasp new issues with a mindset to drive change and improvements
- Excellent communication skills and used to communicating financial information to a range of audiences
- Experience of working in an international Group environment
- Experience with our financial systems – S4 HANA and OneStream
- Awareness of corporate tax issues
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Fee tea and coffee and daily meals in on-campus café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.