- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As Senior Research Engineer you will enable the delivery of novel air purification technologies from concept to an integrated solution. Working in a cross functional team of scientists and engineers, performing early stage research to drive new product innovation, you will be required to use their expertise to deliver and lead engineering research in the field of gas handling, filtration and catalysis.
- Delivery of technical projects focused on gas treatment specifically in the area of air purification
- Bring a multifaceted approach to problem solving at technology and product levels.
- Propose, research and develop new technology solutions to drive New Product Innovation
- Continually challenge to drive continuous improvement to ways of working. Spread technical excellence and best practice across RDD.
- Deliver specialist knowledge to the senior management team in research and project reviews.
- Develop test and analysis capability to the highest standard to enhance Dyson’s ability to evaluate gas filtration technology and understand indoor air quality
- Keep abreast of emerging gas filtration technologies and provide insight and assessment into their potential against short, medium and long term goals. Recognise external engagement opportunities and combine with compelling proposals to Head of Research.
- Qualified in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry to a Masters level or greater (e.g. PhD)
- Prior experience of working in air filtration, capture or catalysis and cross-discipline research projects is essential, desirably with an appreciation of air pollution and air quality challenges in domestic environments.
- Strong data analytics skills, including the use of modelling software such as Simulink and Matlab, COMSOL Multiphysics and Chemical Reaction Engineering modules.
- Strong track record of experimental design and experience of test rig development to support technical and design teams.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts, influencing cross-functionally at all levels.
- Have prior experience of cross-discipline research projects involving multiple collaborators, desirably in the chemical or a chemistry using industry
- Prior people management and systems engineering experience would be a advantageous.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines