- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Within Dyson Research we define what’s next. At the very start of the new product ideas chain lays the technologies that enable them. Dyson Research enables global company growth through technology innovation in our state of the art Wiltshire campus.
Our New Product Innovation team relies on the development of key technologies for new innovative products, after which the New Product Development team carries them through to manufacturing; Dyson Research is the tip of the spear in our product development cycle but also supports those technologies through to their realisation and integration within a product. What gives Dyson our competitive advantage is our ability to measure success in pioneering ways.
Our success in Hair Care is a direct result in developing novel, innovative metrics to ensure our technologies and products are making meaningful, measurable and perceivable differences in the lives of our customers. We are looking for a Sr. Research Engineer to continue this tradition and establish our next generation metrics that will propel our technologies and products into new, exciting white-spaces that keep us ahead of our competition.
- Translation of consumer perception into methods that can measure meaningful benefits to develop our new technologies against
- Develop next-gen metrics and technologies in tandem with New Product Innovation design engineers.
- Work autonomously and independently to scope and deliver methods and technology that push the hair care category forward
- Conduct/support research with external institutes and universities toward future technologies development
- Design, build, and test candidate technologies, and disseminate knowledge to groups varying from graduates to directors.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Executives when required
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
- Strong engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering (other disciplines with relevant experience will be considered)
- Experience with method development, design, build and analysis
- Practical, hands on coding experience in developing image analysis algorithms
- Advanced knowledge of Matlab, LabView, and Python (or alternative coding languages)
- Must be a clear communicator with good presentation skills.
- Behaviours (independent, autonomous, team, fighter, attuned, shrewd, ingenious, architect)
Discounts on Dyson machinesSubsidised café and restaurantsFree on-site parkingSport centreLife assurancePrivate medical insurancePerformance related bonusPension scheme27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.