- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson research is at the heart of our innovation and development process. We push the boundaries of what others have definedas possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for findinga better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles
About the roleThis role will sit within our research department alongside a team of other specialists covering all facets of consumer research and product experience. As a team we ensure consumer benefit is at the heart of the innovation process, delivering targeted research to aid in the upstream development process from problem exploration to concept validation. We are looking for a Senior researcher to join our team, helping us build new capabilities through the innovative application of methodologies, delivering meaningful, unobvious insights to Dysons product innovation teams.Exploring exciting new consumer benefits, this role requires a pioneering mind set, excellent communication skills and a scientific approach.
- Responsible for planning and executing user focused research projects across a variety of briefs, leading to technical product specifications and recommendations to the design teams.
- Contribute to, and facilitate communication cross functionally (Research, product design and engineering teams, commercial and local market teams) to enable rapid utilisation of insights and maximum impact for projects in line with overall scope and priorities.
- Work autonomously to create and execute research plans that ensure Dyson products deliver relevant benefits to our consumers.
- Conduct/ Support research with external partners, managing briefs and timelines in order to deliver fundamental and project specific research.
- Expected to spot opportunity for integration for innovative research methodologies in projects and be committed to building the capability of the consumer research team within Dyson RDD.
- Present research findings to the Executive team when required.
- Demonstrable experience in a research role, with a strong Degree in relevant discipline (Science, Social Science or Engineering background preferred)
- Must be driven by continual learning, not constrained by current methodologies and be able to learn and move past failure.
- Broad understanding of a range of consumer research techniques, with experience in implementing multifaceted learning plans.
- Ability to distil and simplify numerous complex data sources into clear and actionable insights
- Must be a clear communicator with good presentation skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.