Dyson is on a journey to optimise its retail experience and deliver a premium and consistent retail experience to every shopper at every touchpoint across their path to purchase journey. Our role is to excite customers and bring them to our retail spaces, after which we can showcase the Dyson technology in a retail setting that delights and encourages them to get hands on with our products. In physical retail, our activity is divided between two main areas: Direct and Indirect, with the Indirect pillar being predominantly wholesale. In APAC we have more than 100 Direct doors, and over 4000 Indirect doors.
As part of the Regional APAC team, the Retail Marketing team is responsible for designing the journey’s and marketing experiences that bring our technology and products to life. Creating the best possible experiences at every moment and delivering the same attention to detail for each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. For prospects, and owners.
Within the Regional Retail function, you will work closely with our Performance, Design, Production & Rollout team and will report into the Retail Director for APAC. Close collaboration with Teams such as Go-to-Market, Retail Marketing and Concept Design is also part of the day-to-day.
About the Role
Role and Responsibilities:
Retail team & APAC Community
- Day to day supportive management of a regional retail marketing function that sits across both Direct and Indirect channels.
- Manage retail marketing way of working process to deliver effective flow of information and assets.
- Working closely within different functions of APAC Retail Team, such as Design, Rollout, Training, Operations and Implementation to deliver a holistic support to markets.
- Lead APAC Community, and represent region at Central Retail Function enabling scaling of best practice sharing.
Retail Experience, Marketing Innovation Strategy
- Be a source of innovation and inspiration to shape future design thinking and enhancement for retail experience
- Collaborate with markets and cross-functional regional teams to test-and-learn innovative Retail marketing experiences to drive Dyson Retail learnings from APAC
- Develop a regional retail activity calendar
- Partner and support local marketing teams with managing their budgets and future planning for Retail related activity.
- Partner cross-functionally to narrow the gap between Online and Offline shopper journeys.
- Partner with the Global Retail Planning & Assortment function to align instore activities with product launches and availability.
Brand Excellence and Governance
- Keep our Retail Marketing community closely connected with Global strategy and guidelines, to ensure consistency of Retail Experience
- Excellence in Execution of NPD (New products) launches across the APAC region, both in terms of in-store execution and path to purchase.
- Ensure our Direct Retail stores are aligned with Brand guidance and approved assets / experiences, working with Creative teams to deliver localisations where required
- Effectively represent APAC region in Central Retail Function briefs, deliverables and strategies, using market insights and data.
Performance & Insights
- Track and Monitor the performance impact of retail marketing activations, constantly looking for optimisation opportunities.
- Develop Customer insights, engagement and analytics in the region to feedback and/or develop action plans required to maximize opportunities with our shoppers and shopper journey.
- Work on insights and feedback to develop new retail systems, system updates or other requests, considering market, brand and commercial factors to deliver the best possible solution.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- +8years retail marketing and / or general retail experience across online and offline spaces.
- Experience with creating and enforcing guidelines, and governing use of creative assets and experience in retail environments
- in-depth understanding of shopper journey mapping.
- Creative eye with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experienced user of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- An appreciation of 3D & 2D creative design with an understanding of print methodology and processes.
- Understanding of performance metrics and the setting / monitoring activation / initiative KPI’s
- Experience managing and prioritizing teams; Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Proactive work ethic, with a passion for Retail and physical marketing experiences
- Highly collaborative with an ability to consolidate needs and translate into effective solutions
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Articulate with strong communication, presentation and people skills; stakeholder management is essential
- Commercially astute.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.