- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win.
The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
Competitors are expanding reach and bringing products into the marketplace. However, Dyson differentiates through our superior technology and also the unique experiences that we bring to our Owners. However, we need to manage this ambition in a more efficient and agile way, bringing new technology to markets faster, reacting to Owner expectations quicker and leading the market in more innovative ways.
This requires a more agile, mission based operating model. One which will enable us to continue our journey but in a more structured and efficient ways.
About the role12 Month Contract - This role is based at our offices in Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Our mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our Owners. We create assets and journeys that help Owners discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
We also plan the Mission teams, resourcing them with the right talent, running the PMO, structuring the governance, reporting and prioritizing projects.
The Senior Programme Manager for Retail, works with our Dyson Retail Team and reports to our Global Planning and PMO Director. This Senior Programme Manager is accountable for planning and delivery of our Dyson Retail Programme of work, covering our Direct/Demo and 3rd Party offering. The successful candidate will ensure that projects are delivered through the process and that all projects pass through the appropriate level of governance, to enable the business to make informed decisions. The Senior Programme Manager will manage the Retail team’s budget and collaborate with our internal teams to ensure all our Retail projects are planned and delivered within time, budget and to the required quality.
The Senior Programme Manager is responsible for the line management, coaching and development of a small team of Project Managers within our Retail team.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with Group Commercial, CoE and Market stakeholders, in order to be able to communicate across all levels of the business and, as part of the Planning leadership team, benchmarking our Retail offering against other Planning functions within Dyson.
Your role will be hands-on. You’ll liaise with key business stakeholders, and enforce adherence to the process and governance frameworks. The role takes ownership of time and cost management to ensure that the Retail team delivers upon its strategic objectives. Working closely with the Retail Management teams, and the other Programme Managers, the Senior Programme Manager is critical in ensuring that we make effective decisions about matters both internally and externally (with markets) through use of the Commercial Governance Framework.
In the day to day your tasks will include:-
- Capturing & Prioritising Retail Demand
- Collaborating with GTM teams against their Retail requirements (NPD & Campaigns)
- Ownership, allocation and forecasting of Retail budget
- Managing a team of Project Managers
- Running and leading Retail weekly Planning and Delivery meetings
- Collation of Retail reports each week
- Stakeholder management across Group Commercial, Markets and CoEs
- Retail Team
- GTM Teams
- Programme Management Team
- Resource Team
- 8+ in Programme & Project Management experience.
- Retail (in-house team) experience preferable.
- Strong proven capability to prioritise, manage process and solve complex problems
- A positive and impactful communicator with excellent negotiation & influencing skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Highly-organised with proven experience in project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.