- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Develop a full coherent Dyson Korea commercial plan and bring it to life
- Bridge between marketing and sales plans
Reporting to Marketing Director, he/she is expected to lead the Retail and Trade Marketing function. The purpose of this role is to become the bridge between marketing plans and sales plans building a commercial plan and ensuring Dyson’s commercial strategy flows flawlessly and coherently through the organization.
To this end, this position will coordinate the development and execution of the Dyson Commercial plan across all categories, making sure everything is done on time and delivering the sales necessary to hit our GM targets. This position is critically important to bridge all stakeholders (marketing, sales, RDMs, logistics, finance) so that every department works as One Dyson with information flowing efficiently and at speed.
This role will work mostly with a network of marketing and sales colleagues based in Dyson’s global and local functions to help shape the Dyson Commercial Plan and drive success in Korea.
Building and managing the Dyson Commercial Plan with full visibility of all events (market events, Dyson campaigns, media investments, in-store fixtures, assortment available, promotions available, customer activities, promotional volumes, base volumes) that creates full alignment between teams.
Perfectly integrate sales activities with marketing plans, creating a seamless Brand experience for shoppers and maximizing marketing ROI.
Incorporate NPD launches and Marketing Campaigns in all online and offline plans.
- Manage the overall trade marketing activities for Dyson Korea :
- Analyze and understand category/shopper trends and exploit them through data and analytics
- Develop and implement data-based and consistent annual trade marketing plans by channel, to build and grow the business
- Identify key issues and opportunities to creatively help in enhancing commerciality of Sales Team
- Design and execute trade promotions and rolling out impactful in-store campaigns in collaboration with marketing and sales teams to drive sell-out
- Work with the marketing and sales’ teams to design channel-dedicated promotions for key customers based on shopper profiling and customer strategy and objectives
- Improve brand presence and campaign execution across trade through excellence in in-store planning, execution and tracking in alignment with the annual marketing priorities
- Develop in-store solutions including POSM and GWP (development, sourcing & stock follow-up with CoE)
- Stay tune on competitive activities
- Monitor retail pricing activities
- Develop and maintain tools to help the field sales and merchandising forces. This includes their annual training plan as well as its follow-up to check the application of learnings
- Guarantee plans between online and offline sales are aligned in order for these channels to be complimentary to each other, not competing plans
- Oversee implementations of all locally relevant global retail programs to deliver premium in-store brand experience and drive conversion.
- Stay abreast on news on emerging technologies in merchandising. Identify trends that will lead to understanding consumer needs, how consumers shop, and ultimately buy.
- Develop the annual strategy, plan and calendar for local events.
- Oversee team delivery of key Dyson events across consumer events, exhibitions/trade show, retail activities and events as well as internal events.
- Ensure team works effectively with the global team to obtain key assets and approvals (where relevant).
- Oversee management of events budget to delivery of high quality events while maximizing the costs efficiency
NPD Launches and Campaign
- Plan the NPD retail marketing calendar;
- Build strategic Range Plans for each retailer channel;
- Build commercial package for NPD with launching calendar, including end-to-end trade with KAM team and mass media plans against the set budget working with marketing team
- Quarterly sales presentation ownership
- Define and coordinate pop ups’ dedicated events;
- Evaluate consumer events performance and collect insights
- Build and manage yearly trade marketing budget to manage external agencies for data base build and planning
SKILLS / EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
- Minimum +12 years’ proven experience in trade marketing, sales, or equivalent experience, preferably from global FMCG company
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Good financial/analytical skills
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers
- Pro-active and solution oriented
- Good time management, ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and to challenge at all levels of the business
- Assertive, self-motivated, independent, dynamic and results-driven
- Good team player
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships internationally and at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent in English and Korean
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.