- Robotics and Machine Learning, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury, WIltshire, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Robotics team focuses on enabling technologies: processing, sensors, actuators and energy. Proof of concept using state of the art techniques and integrating every fields of robotics are then, built on top of these domains to create complex and capable robots. Dyson’s Robotics Team is playing a long game. We are here to have an impact: to provide intelligent robots for in-home use, changing how we live and, in general, to make a positive difference in the world and improve the quality of life for us all.
AccountabilitiesReporting to the Robotics Research Team Manager, you will be working within a cutting edge Robotics & Vision systems team developing and delivering bespoke solutions on projects from the design concept, through installation.
- You will be developing novel algorithms and technology platforms for manipulation including material handling, object picking, in-hand manipulation, collaborative multi-robot manipulation, etc.
- Facilitating mechanical, hardware, and software integration of new prototypes and new products including complete mobile robots, manipulators, and vision.
- Implementing kinematics, inverse-kinematics, dynamics, estimation, obstacle avoidance and motion control algorithms
- You'll solve complex real-world challenges in creative, effective and efficient ways
- You'll directly influence the vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs.
- Background in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Experience in motion planning, manipulation/grasping, and machine learning
- Experience in setting up simulation environment and executing real robot experiments
- Good programming skills in either C++ or Python •orking closely with the engineering team to integrate control and motion planning solutions manipulator systems
- Deep learning experience implementing state of the art techniques
- Passion for developing cutting-edge research
- Start-up mentality
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines