- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You'll be an experienced experienced algorithm engineer with software coding knowledge to join our ambitious and expanding team. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will contribute to the development of complex features to ensure Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
The role will involve collaboration with software engineers, research engineers, mechanical engineers and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of algorithmic challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio. A desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains is essential.
You'll have expert knowledge of algorithm development for complex,
sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software and cloud-based
components with a focus on behavioural software. Development experience,
ideally working within an agile development environment, is essential. You'll
be part of a supportive team of experts that is constantly striving to improve
itself and the world we live in.
- Work closely with software engineers to implement and test robotics behaviours to production quality with a focus on the underlying algorithms.
- Lead the analysis and assessment of the performance of robotics behaviours in both laboratory and home environments.
- Lead algorithmic investigation spikes and research alternative algorithmic solutions.
- Develop prototype demonstrators utilising rapid prototyping techniques.
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed algorithmic solutions.
- Work with the architecture team to identify the feature development roadmap.
- Collaborate with test teams to define testing strategies for new algorithms.
- Provide documentation that is complete and with sufficient detail to support maintenance and future development.
- Guide and mentor fellow algorithm engineers
- Ability to generate novel and robust algorithms and solutions.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB, Octave or similar.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, image processing, object detection/recognition, path planning, automatic control, robotics systems or machine learning.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and technically support development.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to deliver results within agreed timeframes.
- Ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines