- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Robotics, Research Engineering, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
As part of the Robotics Research group at the Dyson Singapore Technology Center, you will be working within a cutting-edge Robotics & Vision systems team developing robots from the design concept through to installation.
We are building a team of full-stack software engineers within the research team to design the system architecture, develop a CI pipeline and re-write/port research software to deployable standards. All with the goal of preparing for handover of projects to the downstream development teams.
The team is highly multidisciplinary covering topics including Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robot Control, Mechatronics and Electronics, Human-Robot Interaction, all with the backdrop of friendly and multi-cultural work environment. As a software engineer, you’ll be working directly with domain expert to develop the state-of-the-art robotics prototype.
As a senior software engineer, you are expected to:
- Have a solid understanding of core development concepts and development best practices
- Effectively deliver small stories or tasks within projects with little assistance, but still know when to ask for help
- You communicate with wider team appropriately focusing on efficiency and quality conversations
- You mentor and support junior team members in technical matters and create a positive engaging team environment
About the role
- Port research level implementations in C++/Python/MATLAB to robust C++ based implementation
- Build the Continuous Integration pipeline for a complex distributed robot software system
- Develop simulation test beds for integration testing of the code-base
- Participate is design a distributed system software architecture that is scalable and easy to deploy
- Manage the entire high-level software stack from sensor drivers to operating system to the user interface
- Implement and optimise numerical method for hardware accelerators/embedded systems.
- Drive a culture of software quality that can progressively become the norm even with early research
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is Computer Engineering or similar
- Strong skill in C/C++
- Good knowledge in Linux System and open source software
- Good understanding of systems architecture: Processor architectures and hardware accelerators (ARM, DSP and GPU)
- Experience with tools for SCM and continuous integration/delivery (git, bitbucket, bamboo)
- Strong background in development best practices like testing, source control and agile planning
- 3+ years of experience with embedded systems, real-time systems, robotics or sensors
- Experience in parallel programming and software optimisation
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) and messaging frameworks
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.