- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Robotics, Research Engineering, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics research programme forward by planning, designing, and applying cutting-edge robot learning methods to solve problems in the real world, more specifically advanced domestic robotics. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
Advanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 20 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But this is just the start of the domestic robotics revolution. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent, adaptable and physically capable.
Join a growing team working to put functional advanced robotic solutions into the homes of the general public. We are looking for people to help us investigate robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in machine perception, actuation, and intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
Dyson seeks applicants who have first-hand experience of robotics and a portfolio of robotics projects. Applicants are not required to have existing experience with locomotion, manipulation or cognition. We seek people with initiative, creativity, and the ability to learn fast, along with a cross-section of skills that will make a contribution to the company. Our job descriptions are intended to be examples of sets of skills that would be useful, rather than narrow definitions.
As a growing team working at the forefront of robotics research, candidates for all job openings are expected to:
- Be good communicators capable of explaining complex concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Work in a tightly coupled, cross-functional and multi-cultural team environment.
- Work autonomously under limited supervision to achieve big-picture goals.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced applied robot learning specialist. Someone who can deliver practical results applied to real world problems in domestic robotics.
The candidate will be based at Dyson Singapore working within an ambitious broad applied research team.
They will be creating solutions drawing on expertise from a variety of disciplines including deep learning, learning by demonstration, reinforcement learning, curriculum learning and computer vision…
- Contribute to the development of the on-going internal Robot Learning efforts.
- Design, implement and evaluate both new methods and learning tasks.
- Identify opportunities to apply robot learning techniques to improve our robot’s performance.
- Report and present developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art in the field of Reinforcement Learning with particular focus on Robotics
What you must have:
- PhD (or equivalent industrial research experience) applied to practical problems using robot learning techniques
- Experience in applying ML to real world problems
- Demonstrable experience with modern Machine Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Chainer)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python and C++.
- Experience with Ubuntu / Linux
- Good Knowledge of Robotics.
- Fair Experience with ROS
- Experience with control for robots
- Experience with real-time dynamic operation
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.