- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the Role
Dyson has an opportunity for electronics engineers to join the Haircare Electronics Integration team, focusing on sensor solution design and development.
As a senior sensor’s development engineer in the haircare team, you will be required to use your hardware and software knowledge to develop solutions prototypes and to work with other engineers to deliver designs to production.
The Haircare Hardware team is made of electronics design, sensor development and verification capabilities. The team are based across sites in the UK And South East Asia and work collaboratively to deliver to deliver to the Haircare product range.
- Develop cost-effective sensing and actuation technologies to use for a given problem, solving complex problems in novel ways
- Designing, building and testing sensing and actuating systems
- Supporting the Electronics Group and helping to build their solutions into the product range
- Taking designs through development and into production
- Present and participate in design review
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and integrate creative solution into Dyson products
- Work with product owners to capture requirements and select appropriate sensing and actuating technologies
- Motivate and mentor other engineers across the team
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics)
- At least 3 years of experience working in design, implementation and testing of sensors such as magnetic, pressure sensing, range finding and image sensors
- Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages
- Experience with physical characterization of sensors
- Experience with quantitative and statistical analysis using MATLAB or Python
- Knowledge of analogue signal conditioning and digital processing design techniques
- Knowledge of end-of-line calibration equipment and testers
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing to executive level and regular engineer
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.