- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol - United Kingdom
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which we can’t reveal just yet.
About the roleYou are an experienced iOS or Android developer, with a passion for applying new technologies. You are able to take a high-level concept through to a well-thought-out technical blueprint. You are enthusiastic about App and IoT, and are able to be creative about how new technologies can be applied to adding value to our products.
Dyson have a growing range of internet-connected products, including our robot vacuum cleaners, air purifiers and lights. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about ensuring our connected platform meets the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team. We are looking for an iOS or Android Developer to join the team developing new concepts for our connected platform.
- Rapidly building prototypes of new app/IoT features and understanding their technical feasibility
- Working closely with the immediate team of embedded and Cloud developers, as well as feature designers and UI/UX designers
- Converting an app/IoT concept to a well-designed proposed architecture
- Presenting and explaining technologies and concepts, often conveying technical detail to non-technical stakeholders
- Identifying new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards
- Conveying final proposed design and technologies to production teams, highlighting design rationale and relevant research
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Willing to work in other areas of technology as the needs of the team dictate
About youYou possess the following skills/experience:
- iOS (Swift) and/or Android (Java and Kotlin) development experience to a good level of understanding
- Comfortable with rapid development and research to de-risk and demonstrate concepts, rather than code perfection
- Experience of Cloud, embedded, web and/or Unity is a plus
- Confident presenting technical work to a range of stakeholders
- Good appreciation of trends in App, SmartHome and IoT
- Experience working in an Agile software environment, ideally Confluence/Jira
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Central Bristol location
- Performance related bonus
- Continued development and learning
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.