- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
About the role:
* Develop real-time embedded software for producing consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM-based.
* Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study, and proof of concept.
* Involve/Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
* Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding, and software testing (unit/component/product level).
* Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup.
* Act as subject matter expert (SME) in a specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentoring engineers in methodology, best practice, and standards.
* Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
* Challenge and develop best practices and process improvements within the software team and across the wider RDD function.
Key Skills / Experience
* Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
* Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding, and testing of embedded systems.
* Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
* Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
* Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
* Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, and UART with DMA.
* Experience in on and off-target test harnesses, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
* Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
* Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
* Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
* Independent and reliable, able to work with others within a scrum team, to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
* For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in oversight high complex software development projects is an advantage
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.