- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol - United Kingdom
We’re now leading the way in creating software for connected technology and a more intuitive owner experience. We already have 3 million machines in the field, sending 150 million messages per day to the cloud. But this is just the start.
We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer to join the Cloud Provision Team.
About the roleBased in our Bristol office, you and your team will be responsible for the Out Of the Box (OOB) experience of all Dyson products, this includes connecting the Dyson Link app with connected products to user authentication.
You will be using Node.js, C# or whatever is right for the job – to run in containers or as serverless functions within the AWS cloud. You will be responsible for features from inception to delivery and will help to drive improvements to OOB experience.
You will be collaborating with teams globally across Dyson to deliver the right solution for the customer. You will also be driving forward the architecture and processes that will allow Dyson to take today’s and tomorrow’s problems in its stride.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying distributed applications
- Evolving team practices and tooling towards continuous delivery
- Monitoring, measuring and investigating production issues
- Working in team based development sessions to share knowledge and responsibilities
About youYou’ll have:
- Experience in DotNet Core or NodeJS development
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with inftastructure as code (e.g. Cloudformation, Ansible)
- Experience in building production quality software
- Experience with Docker or other virtualisation tools
- Experience with automated testing
- Outstanding communication skills
We’d also like to see:
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques and tooling
- An interest in authentication best practices e.g. OAuth 2.0
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- 20% Innovation time
- Central Bristol Location
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.