- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
At Dyson software is key to the products that we develop. We are rapidly growing across our software teams and are currently on the look-out for a Senior Software Manager for our component platform team.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and focus on the poduction of new technologies which we can’t reveal just yet - but we can say, it's a fantastic time to join Dyson.
About the role
- Management responsibility - recruitment, resource planning (Allocate), team performance management, coaching and mentoring of teams, recognising exceptional work.
- Collaboration - Provide leadership & technical support to new site/team during project delivery. (UK/SG/MDC)
- Establish framework for team competency matrix, with clear objectives (for team development & training plan).
- Develop team development and training plan according to the competency matrix and SW Career Framework
- Competency - Ramp up team capability and identify potential technical competency where applicable. (PH/PL)
- Technical leadership - Encourage the use of Decision matrix for critical technical decision or while different opinions are present - pros/cons, schedule/resource impact, risk, etc.
- Identify opportunity to align high level development approach and way of working cross categories with Category PMs and Architects.
- Collaborate with other ESW managers to create a common ESW knowledge portal to support new hire ramp up and team training plan based on team competency matrix (This has an identified leader, and this is a point to contribute and support)
- Identify SME to support & maintain ESW knowledge portal.
- Enable and encourage cross team secondments, conferences internally and externally, all pipelines of early careers development.
- Embrace and live the principles, ensure team members understand and value these (empowerment, diversity, alignment on accountability, bang per buck, data driven decisions, business alignment, agile mindset, common process, platform)
- Drive the roadmap for current and future software technologies in product, with clear resource demand.
- Collaborate effectively with App/Cloud on connected projects.
- Attend regular reviews with NST ensuring the right SW members are engaged on demos / prototypes and new technologies.
You'll be a highly efficient, technically astute Software Engineering Manager, focused on motivating and driving software teams towards delivery high-end products alongside ensuring technical alignment to future products and the growth of Dyson categories and market presence.
• Performance related bonus
• Company paid Life Assurance
• Discounts on Dyson machines
• Competitive pension scheme
• Purchase additional holidays
• 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
• Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
• On-site parking
• Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
• Free on-site hair salon
• On-site lifestyle Assist
• Electric vehicle scheme
• Private Medical insurance for all employees
• Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
• Digital GP and prescription service
• Fertility treatment support
• On-site gym and sports centre
• On-site wellbeing centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.