- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Intelligent Machines (IM) Team is working on robotics and machine learning software development. You will work with a group of world-class software architects, robotics software specialists, and machine learning specialists on Dyson’s most complex products development.
About the role
You'll be an experienced real-time embedded system engineer with excellent firmware coding knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will be a key member of the robotics platform team and contribute to the development of sensors integration, system kernel and board bring up, and providing unified hardware abstraction layer to enable the development of more complex behaviour features in the upper application layer in our robotic products.
You desire to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in C++ and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of firmware and application code.
You'll collaborate with architects, software, firmware and hardware engineers, manufacturing test engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
- Responsible for the design and development of the firmware and platform of intelligent edge devices for application development and facilitate mass production.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including hardware abstraction layer discussion, manufacturing test/verification methodology, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in cross-teams product design discussions will be required.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering Applied Mathematics, Robotics Engineering or similar.
- 1+ year of experience in board bring up, embedded system development and embedded Linux kernel/driver porting for system integration.
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA
- Experience in sensors/camera/BT/Wifi modules integration and calibration is a plus.
- Experience in automated testing and manufacturing test process is highly desired.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems)
- Good command of object oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; preferably, the candidate shall be able to write high performance product quality code with C++.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- Proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Experience in fulfilling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline setup is a plus
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux tool-chain, Yacto build system, version control tool (git), configuration, etc. is preferred
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams (including hardware/firmware/system/software engineers and suppliers’ FAE), and technically support development (such as manufacturing test engineers).
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.