- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
We’re looking for an Agile Test Engineer to join our Mobile development team Singapore. The successful candidate is a technical tester who values shipping quality builds on a regular basis. Ideally, you are also able to contribute to a growing test automation code-base and toolchain.
About the role
You can swiftly spot weaknesses in a system made of many moving parts; you’re up to date with what’s changed in the latest Android or iOS releases and understand their impact. You can also proactively write code to extend a test framework and automate tests to ensure bugs don’t surface again.
You’ll be working to create a world class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside a formidable team of fellow engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
Keep up with an Agile development team, formulating verification tasks for stories but also understanding the big picture for the week ahead. Provide critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature.
- Perform exploratory testing, being able to de-construct the interactions between apps, products and a micro-service oriented cloud platform to find weak spots.
- Implementing automation scripts and contributing to the UI automation framework.
- Spot where automation can help and add capabilities to in-house crafted emulators and diagnostics tools to make future testing easier.
- Discover and reproduce bugs, documenting them in our JIRA project.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with project managers, internal customers and developers to prioritise defects/bugs on live projects and regular releases.
- Exposure to Xcode and Android Studio development environments
- Proficient, or interested in, UI test frameworks like Cucumber and appium and programming in Ruby.
- Proficient, or interested in the native app automation frameworks like XCUITest and espresso.
- Ability to map faults/issues to the overall technical architecture of our cloud based services, apps and products.
- Experience of and/or interest in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile methodologies. Help drive our approach to QA and keep learning about best practice across the industry
- Experience of creating test frameworks and pragmatic strategies, assessing automated testing tools and creating test methods.
- Familiarity with automated build/deployment of mobile app builds, HockeyApp or Test Flight.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, MQTT, Amazon Device Farm/Xamarin Cloud or similar and connected embedded systems.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.