- Science and Research
- Singapore - Technology Centre
The senior engineer will join the growing simulation and analysis team to apply their skills and experience in simulation to invent the next generation of Dyson technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out FEA simulation models and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. This will provide insight into various aspects of motor design to help drive motor projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into production.
About the role
Provide, co-ordinate and support Simulation team within the Motors group and across RDD:
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process.
- Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Experience in driving new concepts from design to analysis to validation via prototype testing.
- Utilize simulation (FEA) and other analytical tools to improve and enhance the current Dyson motor technology for next generation products.
- Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these solutions to
- project teams, including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Noise and Vibration/ or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage).
- Fundamental knowledge in one or more of the areas: Structural Dynamics, Vibrations, Heat Transfer, Explicit Dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena such as impact analysis, drop analysis, non-linear analysis, elastic-plastic behaviour and creep.
- Experience in using simulation analysis software such as ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly about displacement, vibration and thermal measurement.
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.