- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Structural Analysis Engineer to work within a team of like-minded engineering problem solvers within our Research, Design and Development (RDD) team for an exciting new category of products. The successful candidate will apply their skills and experience in structural analysis, vibro-acoustics and injection moulding analysis to support the delivery of novel products.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Senior Structural Analysis Engineer will carry out FEA simulations and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. They will work cross-functionally, collaborating across Technology Development and Design Engineering to ensure effective delivery of novel products.
About the role
- Technically support the structural analysis function across RDD projects. The work is principally based around assessing the structural integrity of parts, structure-borne noise sources and injection moulding part manufacturability (DFM).
- Manage structural related risks and issues within projects with a combination of FEA simulations, hand calculations and potentially experiments, where necessary.
- Effectively report and summarise analysis work and communicate findings to members of RDD including senior management.
- Drive product designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards structural analysis.
- To liaise with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range across the Dyson world.
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent discipline. Applicants holding post-graduate qualifications are also welcome.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a technical analysis/consultant capacity for said function. Experience in a product development environment for consumer electronics would be a bonus but not essential.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of static and dynamic analysis of structures, vibrations and vibro-acoustics.
- Experience using commercial CAE tools such as ANSYS and Autodesk Moldflow for structural analysis.
- A good working knowledge of commercial CAD tools, preferably with experience of the NX suite of products
- Results oriented and a clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail and proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information and analysis work in written and verbal format.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.