- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Senior Sustainability Manager - Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting
12 months FTC
As Sustainability and ESG reporting requirements increase around the world, Dyson is looking for a Senior Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract to work within our Sustainability team to build a comprehensive framework and timeline of ESG reporting requirements and disclosures.
This individual will identify and translate incoming ESG reporting requirements relevant to Dyson and build a framework for our reporting obligations. As well as working on Dyson’s ESG disclosures, the role holder will work with others in the team on the creation of an annual ESG report, and support related projects and communications.
We are looking for candidates with strong awareness of the growing ESG regulatory and reporting landscape who can thrive in a fast-paced work environment. This role will work across multiple cross-functional teams and our advisory partners to create the map for ESG reporting requirements, enhance reputation, and contribute to business success.
This position reports to the Head of Sustainability – Social Impact and is based in Malmesbury, England.
About the role
As the Senior Sustainability Manager - Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting you will be responsible for sustainability strategy development, creating the framework identifying and translating relevant global ESG corporate sustainability reporting requirements and disclosures for Dyson. You will work alongside key stakeholders both internal and external and support the Head of Sustainability in the creation and delivery of the ESG reporting strategy.
You will be accountable for:
• Developing, maintaining and managing a clear framework and project plan for new and existing corporate sustainability reporting requirements and processes across Environment, Social and Supply Chain and Sustainability Governance.
• Working with others in the team, manage technical development of Dyson’s annual ESG reporting, including working with the wider team on the required data streams and ensuring alignment with reporting frameworks and stakeholder expectations You will use this information to feed into Sustainability strategy development and policy.
• In addition to your corporate sustainability reporting responsibilities, you may also develop our corporate sustainability strategy and lead programmes and initiatives within the Sustainability team and working across functions that advance our ESG performance across the business.
• Conducting detailed industry and company-wide reporting gap analyses to identify opportunities for Dyson and benchmark against best practices. Apply such information to strategic papers to the business.
• Maintaining expertise in global ESG trends and standards to position Dyson for evolving regulations, standards, and frameworks for ESG reporting and transparency. Advise the Sustainability team to ensure we are kept up to speed with developments externally and factored into our strategy.
• Participating in materiality assessments to inform ESG strategy and disclosures
• Supporting the oversight of ESG impact metrics tracking
• Continuously monitoring best practice ESG reporting to drive our ESG strategy forward. You’ll do this by using a number of inputs both internal and external and use this information to influence business reporting changes.
• Working with others in the team, review data collected from around the business to assess the completeness of projects and monitor the accuracy of the information to support internal and external reporting. Use the information sourced to spot trends that will improve the ESG reporting journey.
• Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Communications, Law or other ESG-related discipline.
• At least 5 years of experience in relevant roles
• Experience and high level of awareness of non-financial reporting and ESG standards and reporting frameworks, including GRI, TCFD, SDGs preferably in a technology or product company
• Familiarity with ESG rating indices and sustainability reporting trends
• Ability to translate complex, distributed and varied information to meet Dyson’s ESG reporting responsibilities
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and develop deep content knowledge quickly
• Additional skills in technology, finance, and systems-level thinking a plus
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.