- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role:
The Senior Sustaining Engineer role involves production ramp qualification, second source components qualifications, and quality improvements for Dyson Haircare products during production. As a member of the RDD Global Hardware – Haircare Electronics Team based in Singapore Technology Centre, you will work in multi-disciplinary project teams to proactively solve production issue and ensure business continuity. During development, you will partner with other Electronics Hardware engineers to take over products as they reach maturity and support them through end-of-life.
- Be the owner of Dyson Haircare product from production ramp through end-of-life - quality, reliability, costs, serviceability, and schedule.
- Specify, qualify, and design alternative components in existing Haircare products.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Dyson engineering teams (Mechanical, Compliance, Reliability, Software, Manufacturing, Test, Procurement etc) to develop and qualify hardware and software changes, alternative components and design/process changes
- Participate in engineering reviews, such as schematics, layout and design for manufacturing (DFM), with cross-functional teams
- Develop system test plan and component qualification plan; these including test methodology and coverage to validate changes/risks and ensure product quality and reliability.
- Create documentation such as Engineering Change and general process documentation. These include design schematics, PCB layout, tolerance analysis, failure analysis and technical review.
- Propose process improvements to resolve issues, increase production yield and advance product quality/reliability.
- Monitor data and test reports from design validation, product builds, and field returns to identify potential issues.
- Participate in supplier audits, failure analysis, field return verification and quality/reliability/process improvements.
As a Senior Sustaining Engineer, you will have experience in sustaining engineering activities, preferably in commercial products sustainability. You will be capable of working with minimal oversight and assistance from Senior engineering staff to generate high quality result.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- At least minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in electronics hardware design and development and/or sustaining engineering.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Knowledge of technical rigour in the aspects of power electronics, system control, battery management, thermal management, analogue/digital and sensing technology.
- Experience in DFM, DFX, PFMEA and Change Management
- Experience creating technical documentation such as datasheets, technical drawings, block diagrams, etc.
- Experience with standard electronics laboratory and test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, AC source, power meter etc.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently deliver high quality results within challenging project timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills, and team working experience.
- Knowledge in LabView and NI Instruments, C/C++ programming and other high-level programming languages is an added advantage.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.