- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
Today, there are over 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide in Dyson, and we are now looking to expand in the Philippines. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest in underpinning the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious, and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes
About the Role
The System Verification team tests the integrated electronics and software of the products. The degree of sophistication and complexity varies from product to product, with different technologies and features. This variety of test needs requires creative verification solutions with automation applied where possible.
The verification team sits in the Hardware Haircare group, alongside electronics design and sensor development. The verification team is based across sites in the UK and South East Asia; the team works collaboratively to test the Haircare product range through the different product development stages; this can include early technology investigations through to production and manufacturing test development and support.
We are looking to expand the group to support the growing number of products and new technologies.
Skills and experience desired:
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering, software or comparable engineering discipline.
- Experienced in System Verification test development.
- Capable of specifying, developing, and implementing system verification tests.
- Exhibit the ability to analyse. Including analysis of test results, processes, and systems.
- Experienced in developing with NI LabVIEW, preferably having LabVIEW qualifications.
- Working knowledge of NI TestStand and Python would be an advantage.
- Experience of using NI or other remotely controlled instrumentation.
- Ability to understand schematics and PCB diagrams.
- Understanding of electronics systems and hardware design.
- Knowledge or experience of working with sensors/actuators would be a benefit.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary, Agile team, using Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Be able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Work independently.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analysing system requirements to specify and implement system verification tests.
- Feedback to the product and system design/development teams.
- Support / lead root cause investigations & implement corrective actions.
- Develop new test methodologies.
- Specify and develop test fixtures.
- Execute system tests manually and using the developed automated tests.
- Analyse test results.
- Guide, develop & supervise junior engineer/s in verification activities according to Electronics standard process.
- Follow test process and continuously identify opportunities to reduce effort, improving the process efficiency
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.