- Electronics, Robotics
- Singapore - Singapore
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of dynamic teams to help support the understanding of new technologies, define test strategies and support the creation of testable requirements. A key component of this role will be developing automated test solutions which will involve using a wide range of tools including NI LabVIEW and TestStand, working with the rest of the team to ensure test solutions are scalable and platformed across multiple projects and categories. Working closely with the electronics and category teams, you will need to raise issues and support bug investigation as required by the project.
About the role
- Understand Dyson product and system requirements and what determines good or bad performance.
- Work with project teams to determine test needs.
- Make manual and automated electronics measurements
- Take ownership of system verification test development, execution and analysis for the assigned parts of the project(s).
- Specify test equipment and tools and infrastructure required for systems testing
- Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
- Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice across Dyson.
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of systems engineering processes.
- Strong quantitative background; a Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Systems preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a high technology company with 2+ year System Test experience
- Excellent programming skills, and be proficient in the following languages: Python, Matlab, LabVIEW (preferably Certified LabVIEW Developer level or 5 + year hands-on experience); be able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- Experience in embedded system programming is a plus
- Experience of a Linux development environment.
- Experience working with complex electronics hardware or mechanical systems
- An understanding of emergent behaviours (kinematics, inverse-kinematics, dynamics, estimation, obstacle avoidance and motion control algorithms) for robotic arms and how to measure them
- Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
- Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload
- Proven, structured approach to engineering verification, test procedures and equipment
- Great team player and able to communicate technical concepts to other team members
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Fluent in spoken and written English
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.