- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Research, Design and Development is the heart of Dyson products. Our people are focused on enabling hardware and software to work together, developing intelligent machines which understand and react to their environment to deliver superior performance. To this end, we invest over £7m per week into research and development and have over 200 live technology projects as well as 50 active research programmes with 40 universities. We plan to spend £100m over the next three years on external technology investments and have pledged to invest £1bn in the development of next generation battery technology. There is plenty to talk about.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for managing tax and customs matters for Korea, reporting into Head of Tax APAC (who is based in Singapore). There is also opportunity to manage tax matters for other countries in the region, for instance Japan.
- Manage compliance filings for all taxes (corporate tax returns, VAT returns, withholding tax filing, transfer pricing reports) and ensure they are filed accurately and on time
- Review tax filing and submission prepared by external advisors
- Manage tax and customs audits and lead discussions with tax and customs authorities relating to disputes and agreements
- Conduct health check on tax return and tax filing process as well as customs declarations to improve accuracy of returns and efficiency/ effectiveness of processes
- Support business initiatives by identifying potential tax and customs risks/ issues and providing practical solutions
- Support Customs risk management and self-compliance programs
- Support regulatory analysis, data analytics, and process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness and trainings.
- Work with APAC customs team to maximize duty savings through available preferential trade agreements
- Update relevant Customs Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as required where there are changes to regulations and/or business operations
- Help drive broker performance
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders and external advisors
- Monitor and update impact of tax and customs legislation changes to the business
- 8 to 10 years tax related working experience in both Big 4 and in-house, experience in customs is a plus'
- Good Korea tax and customs knowledge in retail industry, APA and MAP process
- Experience in dealing with tax and customs officers
- As the role is 60-70% focused on Tax, we are looking for people with strong Tax background, but open to learning/covering the Customs portion as well. (We will have internal staff and consultants who will guide the person initially for candidates without Customs experience)
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritise work efficiently
- Not afraid to drive improvement and change
- Team player with positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, flexible and able to embrace ambiguity in fast paced environment
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.