- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, and upgrading electronic equipment and systems. In addition, the candidate will also perform testing to validate and improve assembly or test, of future Dyson products. This position requires a solid understanding of electronics, basic mechanical drawing, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes. This includes rig/jig setup, wiring and troubleshooting.
- Support on PCBA prototype fabrication and integrate the prototype into the product.
- Support engineers in safety compliance related tests like open/short test, salt mists testing & others.
- Support the electronics team in verifying & troubleshooting numerous electronic circuits in Dyson products in particular, measurement of electrical parameters and test setup / monitoring.
- Operate and maintain equipment (including 5S) used for testing. This includes performing preventive maintenance & calling for repairs
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books
- Maintains laboratory supplies through inventory management, ordering & receiving of goods.
A minimum of Diploma in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering is required, reinforced with practical engineering experience, and preferably has experience working in RND electronics environment though fresh polytechnic graduates are welcome to apply.
The candidate must have basic practical skills in electronics engineering and soldering.
Able to utilise Solidworks/AutoCAD or other mechanical drawing to perform basic 2D/3D drawing .
Ability to execute a test independently, from setup to result reporting is necessary.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office is required with particular emphasis on the use of Excel for recording results that can be graphically demonstrated.
Familiarity in the operation of electronic test equipment.
Basic electronics schematics reading and troubleshooting skills
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.