- Science and Research
- Malaysia - Advanced Manufacturing
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. You will be part of a global team that delivers groundbreaking projects that create trail blazing Dyson technologies to the world.
Based in our new RDD Centre at Senai, our engineers will play a key role in bringing proprietary Dyson technology to the market as part of a global project team working with specialists in Materials, Process, Chemical, Thermals, Fluid Dynamics and Structural Analysis. This team will design and develop new technology – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solutions and all of this will be done within a Dyson owned Development Centre that is integrated within an Advanced Manufacturing Centre.
About the role
- Responsible for owning, capturing, and documenting the requirements for mechanical performance.
- Responsible for generating, exploring, evaluating, and recommending solutions to improve structural integrity using analytical, numerical, and experimental methods.
- Write and execute test methods to verify mechanical solutions.
- Carry out performance evaluations on mechanical solutions.
- Lead the development of new or existing mechanical systems with sub-system owners and cross functional expertise.
- Lead the exploration & evaluation of engineering solutions and make recommendations for selection.
- Identify failure modes and carry out experiments to understand the limits of proposed solutions.
- Lead and collaborate with research and development teams to conceive solutions for new technology.
- Work with internal and external experts in developing relevant systems for technology development.
- Coach others to identify failures/faults and carry out experiments to understand limits, likelihood, and severity of failure.
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Mechanical or Materials Engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in product or technology development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with mechanical or material systems (metals or ceramics).
- Advanced knowledge and experience of tools and methods used to characterise mechanical characteristics and performances (structural, dynamic and material characteristics within a complex system).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing and implementing mechanical solutions to improve structural integrity.
- Experience in using CAE tools for problem solving and innovation (ANSYS, Comsol, Star CCM, etc).
- Experience in using modelling/numerical tools for problem solving and innovation (Matlab, Python, etc).
- Experience in using CAD and Design tools for innovation and design.
- knowledge and experience in performing failure analysis on mechanical systems.
- Hands on experience in analytical tools to characterise mechanical performance.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.