- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
Search is on for creative tech savvy Engineers to join Dyson’s global Test Development Team, in order to keep pace with Dyson’s ambition for incremental growth in product categories and product range in the coming years.
The right candidate can be excited with prospects of being able to develop, in conjunction with R&D Engineers, test methodologies that are deployed to stress test new product designs, product offerings, fulfilling a desire to ensure delivery of a robust and quality product to consumers and, at the same time drive continuous improvements to existing methodologies, keeping pace with automation technologies.
To do so, the candidate must be self-directed, comfortable with working across development teams & product offerings and be unafraid of getting their hands dirty.
- Test Development
- Interrogate design specifications with a view to formulate development of test procedure(s) and acceptance criteria required for product verification.
- Where applicable, ensure verification tests conform to international standards (IEC, ASTM, QB/T, etc).
- Be knowledgeable of various test environment and internal/external automatic testing tools to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly.
- Managing technology/test transition from UK to SEA and/or within Dyson facilities in SEA.
- Design, develop and test prototype jigs and fixtures / test apparatus, using analysis and/or CAD, in support of developed methods.
- Oversee the manufacturing process for the device, where necessary.
- Analyze test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate) and/or improve and GRR for test method
- Investigate failures to installed jigs & fixtures / test apparatus, diagnosing faults and recommending remedies
- Manage test or failure reports and be responsible for their dissemination to the Design Team.
- In the absence of internal test capabilities, be responsible for sourcing of external laboratories to support verification plans
- Responsible for maintaining traceability among various level of requirements, test protocol/script, test report/record.
- Maintain excellent communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test teams to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner.
- Influence verification engineers and technicians to enable the detailed development of test method processes & equipment.
- Work with reliability data and predictive models to analyse potential failure modes and rates
- Leading the team in the delivery of test solution for multiple RDD projects and/or complex problems
- Support investigation of test requirements for research projects, contributing to early development of a robust and efficient product verification strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external Team on post-development work, validating the effectiveness of design improvements and modifications, updating
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all electronics projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, maths or science discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience with product verification from consumer electronic products are plus factors.
- Exceptional technical problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively & clearly and be able to convey information or ideas at a technical level.
- Possess the ability to apply mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience with NI, Lab view applications will also be helpful in the realization of test systems design / development
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments
- Tools & processes (added advantages)
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Self-motivated and a great team player
- Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work, with an innate ability to think out of the box a plus.
- Able to adapt thinking, behavior and activities to changing requirements and situations.
- Able to collaborate effectively across Teams (ie. System Engineers, Design Engineers and Compliance & Regulatory Specialist)
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.