- Research Engineering
- United Kingdom
Our research and testing enables us to pioneer new technology by continuously improving and developing our machines. The team is hands-on and integrated, which means you’ll be fully involved in the development process. You’ll generate innovative concepts basedon scientific theory through experimental test and simulation – designing, building and testing prototypes, before analysing performance and communicating findings.
About the role
To work as part of the Personal Care research team supporting engineers and scientists in delivery of their technology and experimental plans. The role will work across teams and categories of products covering a diverse range of experimental areas. This is a new role to expand the test team due to the increase in the products and projects under development in Personal care.
- To deliver high quality experimental work in collaboration with the science and engineering team.
- Preparation of raw data and subsequent analysis.
- Feedback to project team and collaboration with colleagues on efficient test plans.
- Meet all H&S requirements for laboratory activities and experimental equipment
About youSkills/Experience required
- A passion for science and problem solving
- Able to define and execute practical experimental programs as defined by Engineers and Scientist. Attention to detail and comfortable with acquisition of data and reporting verbally and electronically. Some understanding of electromechanical systems would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a fast paced and multi disciplinary R&D environment would be an advantage
- Good communication skills both written and verbal are crucial
- The role is lab-based so experience of health and safety systems in a laboratory environment
- Flexible Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.