- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right the way through from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Connected function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing the App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
We’re looking for an Senior Connected Experience Designer with a background in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. Leading design projects across our Dyson Link Apps, you’ll collaborate with other experience designers, project managers, product owners, engineers and developers to create new experiences and enhancements that help us evolve our Apps to become broader owner channels in their own right.
As well as working closely with your Experience Design colleagues, you’ll lead collaboration with other teams within Commercial and IT, and also directly with the engineering and development teams too. You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
You will work closely with UX Researchers to take research and insight and carry concepts which solve real user problems from strategy into production. You’ll have a great team around you, but you’ll ensure we are delivering the right thing in the right way. You’ll know the best way to tackle complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognizing that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
Something of an app/digital obsessive with your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and ideas, trends and advancements. Always learning and always interested in developing new skills that make you a better designer and communicator.
- Helping to Lead on a number of projects across the Dyson Link App. Taking insight-led research and designing customer journeys from initial concept through to production, defining the interactions across all touchpoints, platforms and devices.
- Creating the appropriate artefacts within the design process to communicate your ideas effectively – including user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity UI designs and interaction guides.
- Contribute new ideas to improve our app experiences – whether through content optimisations, A/B tests or new features. Understand the value of both smaller optimisations and larger transformational projects, and use the right approaches to deliver both effectively.
- Constantly push the boundaries of what our platforms can do, balancing both user and business needs to create experiences that solve real problems.
- Contribute towards the development our digital design system, evangelising its use across the business (particularly within the our apps) and encouraging the team to actively contribute to its growth and development. Demanding consistency across multiple touchpoints and channels, ensuring we design and build using atomic principles.
- Review work of your team members to ensure alignment with Dyson’s visual identity standards and that every stage of a user journey delivers the right message at the right time.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments supported by research insights.
- Bring teams together, ensuring knowledge is shared and projects are aligned. This could include running feedback sessions and workshops – whether it’s to keep a project moving in the right direction or to keeping everyone on the same page, you’ll know the right ways to communicate effectively to larger audiences.
- Create kits and guidelines to communicate the project strategy and recommendations to our global markets and project teams.
- A champion of usability, UI and accessibility best practices, UX principles and our core Dyson Values, and communicating them across the wider business.
- Five or more years of relevant experience and a proven track record
- Relevant experience in native mobile application design (iOS/Android)
- An awareness of established and emerging app technologies and ecosystems.
- A strong portfolio to be presented and walked through during interview
- A user-centric approach, making decisions based on insight.
- A good understanding of usability, accessibility and information architecture principles.
- Experience designing and crafting high-quality UX/UI artefacts from strategy/discovery to design and production, including user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI designs and interaction guides.
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and Axure
- Experience working in an agile delivery/development process
- Confident running group sessions and workshops
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities
- Ability to work across multiple projects, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines
Our culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and our pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.