- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
To tax a group of Dyson’s size efficiently and effectively, you really need the attention to detail to investigate and understand what is happening on the ground – when the temperature of a pasty changes the VAT rate, it is the specifics that really matter. While predominantly responsible for preparing and meeting the European VAT compliance obligations of the group in EMEA, we in the VAT Team are privileged to see the actual day-to-day activities of the group in a way few other finance professionals do. We need to identify issues and affect change in other teams by supporting them to improve their controls and processes so we can correctly and accurately report to multiple governmental stakeholders.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
VAT makes the world go round. This role is perfect for any bright, inquisitive individual at any level who has an interest in getting to grips with a global supply chain and understanding the route to market for consumer products on a continental scale. We have a strong track record of developing staff into international VAT specialists and full training will be provided.
Reporting into the VAT Compliance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT compliance obligations for multiple European entities and territories
- Monthly extraction of financial data from our SAP ERP system, analysing it to ensure complete and accurate information is reported
- Liaising with key stakeholders in business units and processing teams to resolve, review and respond to audit queries
- Preparation of VAT balance sheet reconciliations to a set deadline
- Ideally a newly qualified accountant looking to develop a specialism, or a tax specialist interested in developing their skillset in a goods-focused, international role, or even a recent graduate with an interest in VAT
- Existing experience of VAT in a European jurisdiction (advantageous)
- Knowledge of SAP and a background in accounting (advantageous)
- Highly analytical and accurate, inquisitive, a problem-solver, numerical, with good Excel skills and an eye for detail
- An excellent time manager, multi-tasker, communicator, collaborator, influencer, pro-active and able to take initiative
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.