- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations and more people. Today, there are over 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide in Dyson, and we are now looking to
expand in Malaysia. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest in underpinning the future. Our plans for the Malaysia are ambitious, and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families! We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to
About the Role:
As a sustaining engineer, you will own post ramp qualification, second source qualifications, and quality improvements for Dyson products during production. During development, you will partner with other electrical engineers to take over products as they reach maturity and support them through end-of-life. You must be a great hands-on engineer and generalist
who can wear different hats across Electronics Engineering (EE), Radio-Frequency (RF), System Control, Power, etc. You also need to have strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross-functional
teams. The ideal candidate will have expertise in electrical and hardware design.
• Take ownership of hardware projects from production ramp through end-of-life - quality,
reliability, costs, serviceability, and schedule.
• Specify, qualify, and design alternative components in existing digital and analogue products.
• Work cross-functional teams that also includes embedded software developers to integrate
hardware with software changes.
• Develop and qualify hardware and software changes, new parts and design/process changes.
• Participate in engineering reviews, such as schematics, layout and design for manufacturing
(DFM), with cross-functional teams and external partners (e.g. certification bodies).
• Develop system test plan and component qualification plan; these including test methodology
and coverage to validate changes/risks and ensure product quality and reliability.
• Create documentation such as Engineering Change and general process documentation. These
include design schematics, PCB layout, tolerance analysis, failure analysis and technical review.
• Propose process improvements to resolve issues, increase production yield and advance product
• Monitor data and test reports from design validation, product builds, and field returns to
identify potential issues.
• Participate in supplier audits, failure analysis, field return verification and
• The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Control Engineering) or equivalent.
• 2+ years of direct experience in electrical hardware design and/or development and/or sustaining engineering.
• Knowledge of technical rigour in the aspects of power electronics and/or system control and/or battery management and/or thermal management and/or analogue, digital and sensing technology.
• Interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with cross-functional engineering teams.
• Experience creating technical documentation such as datasheets, technical drawings, block diagrams, etc.
• Experience with standard electronics laboratory and test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, etc.
• Capable of delivering high-quality results to deadlines.
• Experience using simulated tools to support design calculations and documentation.
• Knowledge in LabView and NI Instruments is an added advantage.
• Experience with C/C++ programming and other high-level programming languages is a plus.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.