- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is looking for an experienced Visualisation Designer at our Singapore office. As a Visualisation Designer, you will work within the Global Design and Product Experience team, bringing to life the design vision of Dyson's products across all categories. You will challenge the expected and push the boundaries of Visualisation. You will work with an incredibly diverse design team consisting of Industrial Design, CMF, Modelling, HMI, Connectivity, and Creative talents. You will collaborate within our design team to create realistic images, videos, AR & VR scenes.
About the role
- Involved in all stages of design from concept to production.
- Support Design and Product Experience reviews with senior stakeholders.
- Utilise different digital presentation methods (images, videos, AR, VR) and choose the best format(s) to use on a project by project basis.
- Create highly realistic digital materials & map them onto surfaces using UV’s.
- Quickly visualise multiple design solutions at a very high resolution.
- Create and develop realistic 3D scenes that showcase Dyson’s products.
- Visualisation knowledge holder – able to independently and effectively support designers with questions, queries and ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborate with our global network of designers and engineers.
- Efficiently prepare 3D CAD data based on the final output format (real-time vs raytraced).
- Make products stand out by creating bespoke lighting environments.
- Bring products to life with the use of animations and dynamic camera movements.
- Actively research new technologies and visualisation methods that could help improve & streamline processes.
- A degree in Game Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands-on visualisation experience.
- Skilled in data prep, lighting, texturing and animation.
- Highly skilled in ray-traced rendering software (VRED, Keyshot, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender etc).
- Highly skilled in real-time rendering software (VRED, Unity, Unreal engine etc).
- Proficient in video editing software (DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro, Nuke etc).
- Proficient in image editing software (Adobe Photoshop, Nuke etc).
- Knowledge of 3D poly-modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender etc).
- Knowledge of 3D CAD applications (NX, Rhino, Alias, Solidworks etc).
- 3D modelling skills advantageous but not required.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Assertive and diplomatic – a great collaborator and receptive of constructive criticism.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.