- Data Science and Engineering
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Visualization Engineer to drive and help shape the data science, advanced analytics and visualisation capabilities at Dyson.
As a member of the CITO team, you will be joining a newly established dedicated visualisation practice. You will work closely with a diverse and talented team within CITO, and form rich, valuable relationships across the organisation using your communication skills and empathetic personality.
This is a unique opportunity to help establish and set the standard for visualization and storytelling excellence at Dyson, inspiring the organisation and demonstrating the art of the possible when communicating insights and narratives through beautiful, intuitive data visuals.
About the Role
- You will be a Senior Visualization Engineer in the Chief IT Officer team and be based in Bangalore, India.
- You will work with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Architects as part of a squad to deliver incredible visual products to different business areas around the organisation.
- You will help respond to complex business questions beyond what business intelligence teams and low-code visualisation software is capable of today.
- You will engage with the business to shape and refine their questions, driving the frontend portion of large projects and delegating to less experienced members of the team when necessary.
- You will work with experts in the CITO to get advice and support on accessing data and productionising your products.
- Cutting edge approaches are key to keeping pace with Dyson’s innovative culture: you will be expected to stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies and methodologies.
- A drive and know-how to design, code and deliver powerful visual experiences through data.
- You have strong HTML5 and CSS experience.
- You have extensive D3.js experience, along with its abstractions, or a comparable data visualisation library, and you can demonstrate this experience with a portfolio.
- You're comfortable with modern frontend frameworks like React or Vue.
- You have a talent and passion for visual design of products - you advocate for simplicity, can judge and remedy composition problems, and achieve satisfaction from pixel-perfection when it's demanded.
- When required, you are happy to use Adobe Creative Cloud products to either create or refine visual assets that are required for your end products.
- You foster a collaborative atmosphere when you work and welcome constructive, well-delivered feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- You're comfortable using Git to collaborate with others and are familiar with CI/CD practices to develop and deliver software optimally.
- You have worked successfully using Agile methodologies or Kanban.
- You have a passion to understand Dyson, to frame its problems, and to deliver tactical solutions in short timeframes when required.
- Keen to fail fast, you like to rapidly prototype and have used interface design tools like Figma or Sketch in your projects.
- A keen interest in mentoring less experienced members of the visualization team.
- The possibility of playing a key role in shaping a visualization capability and optimising its way of working, including tool selection and standards, motivates and inspires you! #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.