- Strategy and Transformation
- Malaysia - Development Centre
About the role
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience.
As a Product Development and Technology company, it is imperative that Dyson has a well designed over-arching framework for product development. We must reliably deliver superior products to market quicker than our competition and with consistency.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to Double Dyson; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our portfolio and halve time to market.
The Product Lifecyle will need to evolve to not only accommodate the development of more complex, regulated and software centric products, but also post launch sustaining engineering, continuous improvement activity and over-the-air (OTA) updates. Additionally it is likely that Dyson will work with external development partners more than we do today.
As the size of the portfolio increases the Product Lifecyle needs to be designed to be as simple and streamlined as possible. We need faster, smarter product development throughout the lifecycle.
This role is within the CEO Office Product Creation Framework Team. This role will govern and deliver ongoing improvements to the Product Lifecycle, it’s policies and process, which enable Dyson to deliver products into market.
- Sell the Vision for the lifecycle and it’s governance framework; Why we need it, What it is, and How functions, teams and individuals engage with it
- Design the lifecycle; it must constantly improve to meet evolving business requirements
- Develop and continually improve governance design beyond Product Creation; work across all contributing functions to ensure that the work packages required for each milestone are well defined and understood
- Ensure that functions have transparent evidence to substantiate project status and health
- Develop and implement new Policy and Process to enable effective product development to; 1.Streamline bureaucracy and simplify process. 2.Improve governance throughout the lifecycle
- Integrate across functions; almost all functions in Dyson contribute towards product development, so it is imperative that functional contribution is coherent and aligned
- Develop improved communication material to ensure awareness of new policy and process
- Develop new training materials to set clear expectations for Milestone requirements
- Provide guidance and training project leadership enabling their engagement, use and application of the framework to deliver
- Build positive relations with stakeholders representing all areas of the business
- Work across the CEO Office and in particular partner with the Portfolio Management and Product Delivery Governance team
Professional experience / Skills
- Broad understanding of Product Development
- Experience of policy and process design and implementation
- Cross-functional experience is desired
- Experience of working with multiple senior stakeholders
- Managing expectations and working with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Experience of Lean principle and process design is desirable
- Adept at following a project management methodology
Critical leadership competencies
- Communication with impact to all levels of the organisation including senior executives; the ability to distil complex issues into clear effective messages
- Is self aware and adapts communication style to influence the situation and achieve the desired outcome
- Influence at scale; ability to impart change on a large scale and always acting in the best interests of Dyson
- Complex problem solving with excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Credibility; ability to have your voice heard and set direction that key stakeholders are willing to follow
- Able to think laterally and has a reputation of delivering business focussed solutions
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to build strong relations across the global organisation
- Judgement and decision – considers the risks before taking action and selects the option that has the best balance of risk and reward, encouraging input from others when it is appropriate
- Change Management – comfortable and competent at managing change, bringing team and stakeholders along,
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes
- Integrity and Assertiveness, willing to communicate all relevant information including perceived ‘bad news’ and hold teams to account to deliver
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.