- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The goal of our Copy team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our global channels. From launching new technology to delivering tactical campaigns, we create memorable integrated experiences, to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. We aim to stimulate positive actions from our audiences, whether that’s researching our technology, buying a machine, engaging with our social channels, or helping troubleshoot an issue.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
We’d like to see evidence of your work with your application.
About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious journalist or copywriter to help us craft Dyson stories and tell them in the most compelling way all around the world.
As our SEO Writer, you will work in the Copy team and be writing SEO-based content, to help advance the Dyson story and our reputation in the market. With an outstanding understanding of the media and an innate ability to tell inspiring stories, you’ll work in a way that inspires and motivates colleagues to also achieve unrivalled coverage.
You will work closely with the Head of Copy, alongside Content and Comms teams, to deliver interesting stories that support SEO communications campaigns and Dyson’s wider growth ambitions, applying SEO best practice to all work, ensuring stories and pages are discoverable and engaging.
You will take creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about and plan how to execute them, working with the wider Content team to deliver relevant content. You will manage the editorial process for individual stories from start to finish, identifying, creating, and publishing the best editorial that appeals to all audiences – from the media to consumers and Dyson people.
You will build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves, developing and managing relationships with teams across Dyson, from engineers to creative and communications teams.
You will maintain a deep understanding of good storytelling, how it relates to Dyson, and how it can be used to bring all that we do to life, contributing to the overall Dyson tone of voice, writing copy based in fact, scientific principles, and clear consumer benefits – not marketing jargon or spin.
You will take responsibility for the basics – grammar, spellchecking, and proofing work prior to production; share your knowledge within the Copy team, to constantly improve copy at Dyson; and present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- 3+ years’ experience in writing and publishing SEO-focused articles, with a keen interest in technology, design and engineering
- An inherent skill for storytelling and understanding of narrative structure to engage and absorb people on a human level
- Good knowledge of SEO and understanding of performance and analytical tools
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills, and knowledge of Adobe and web software – ideally AEM
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos, and visual identity and to judge what makes good Dyson communication
- Confident and articulate, you’ll be able to present your work with passion and enthusiasm, supporting your thinking with both clear rationale and creative expression
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar, with an obsessive eye for detail
- Able to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities
- Strong understanding of what makes good content perform
- Excited by technology and relish the opportunity to explain it to anyone and everyone
- Energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, result-focused culture
- Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.