- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services team
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Dyson Institute and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role
Reporting to Head of EUS Service Operations, we are looking for a Service Management Analyst to join our Service Management function and be responsible for driving quality and operational efficiencies of IT service management, coordinating reporting as well as governance and management of activities within the Incident Management, Service Request Management and Problem Management practices.
Incident and Request Management:
- Perform incident and request escalation evaluations
- Manage communications regarding escalated incidents and requests and coordinate involvement of appropriate resources
- Refer Incidents to the Problem Management Process as required
- Assist with the investigation and support the management of Major Incidents where required
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of Post Incidents reporting and reviews
- Co-ordinate and track the completion of any actions that are identified as a result of a Major Incident impacting DWS services
- Reviewing and validating service operations data including SLA performance:
- Supporting supplier and business service reviews
- Producing service reports to drive best practise ITIL governance and to identify CSI opportunities
- Provide service reports to evidence compliance to Service Management standards and processes across DWS
- Take action with DWS IT support teams for non ITSM process and policy compliance
- Identify opportunities for ITSM CSI initiatives and report on progress
- Coordination and input to wider Dyson IT reporting to ensure all DWS commentary is included and accurate
- Coordinate all activities with DWS Support teams necessary to detect Problems that potentially affect the service level by analysis of Incident Management data and other available documentation
- Assist in the in coordinating of activities necessary to identify Root & Contributing causes and the necessary groups that are involved to ensure preventative actions are identified and implemented
- Ensures maintenance of the Known Error Database within Dyson’s Service Management Tool
- Process Governance:
- Ensures that all relevant ITSM processes are maintained & communicated to all staff
- Define and develop relevant ITSM process common metrics and reporting requirements
- Maintain all documentation required to support IT Service Management Practices
- Support the DWS IT Managers and Service Operation Managers to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the adopted ITIL processes
- Provide support, guidance and training to the IT and Business communities as appropriate and assist with the promotion and communication of the key ITSM processes to all parties involved.
- ITSM Tooling Support:
- Support the validation of Service Now changes through UAT for DWS service catalogue changes and enhancements
- Manage the enhancement process for all DWS Service Now changes
You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Executive level. You must be naturally inquisitive in new technology and trends and not be afraid to ‘fail fast and learn’.
- ITIL v3 or ITIL4 Foundation Certificate highly desirable
- Previous experience in working within a similar ITIL based Service Management team role
- Experience of continual service deployment/delivery
- Experience in the use of Service Management software tools to support Service Management function (eg. Service Now or equivalent)
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Experience in working in a high paced, fast changing role. Some travel to other sites will be required
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.