- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
This team are accountable for delivering the IT strategy that aligns to and forms part of the broader Dyson strategic blueprint. It will take the lead in bringing technology insights to this strategy and mobilising innovative technology centres of excellence to accelerate the delivery of the strategic intents called out in the blueprint.
The team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right order.
The team lead on enabling and co-ordinating cross pillar activity, at all levels in IT, to ensure consistency of process and outcome is achieved, particularly around service management best practice.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of IT Core Platforms and COEs, you will be responsible for the architectural ownership of ServiceNow across the Enterprise and all integrations with other technologies. Working alongside our strategic End User Services Partner you will be responsible for defining, creating, and maintaining the strategy and roadmap for all ServiceNow deliverables to ensure that it delivers in line with the needs of the Dyson end user and all Dyson IT service towers. The ServiceNow Architect will work closely alongside other Architects and support teams across other IT pillars as well as the business to identify, recommend, develop, and support cost-effective, high performing ServiceNow solutions for all aspects of the Dyson organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the End User Support partner and other third parties to create and review high and low-level collaboration technology designs
- Reviewing any technical designs and recommendations from our EUS partner
- Reviewing test cases and results and conducting Dyson technical (functional and non-functional) testing
- Facilitating any show cases, demos and UAT with Dyson IT and/or the Dyson business
- Supporting business change activities relating to ServiceNow
- Working with the End User Support partner to ensure we remain on a supported version of ServiceNow.
- Supporting the Senior Service Integration Manager to ensure that Dyson’s ServiceNow technology offering remains fit for purpose.
- Holding Dyson’s EUS partner to account for SLA adherence relating to ServiceNow ticket management.
- ServiceNow licence management across the Enterprise.
- Assisting with the preparation of business cases for ServiceNow services related projects and enhancements.
- Participation in Dyson’s technical design authority (TDA).
- Working with the Senior Service Integration Manager and the EUS partner to develop and deliver short-, medium- and long-term plans for ServiceNow services that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Define, implement, and communicate a global ServiceNow strategy and governance (including ServiceNow delivery lifecycle) for Dyson and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose.
- Stay abreast of trends in the ServiceNow technology area.
- Ensure that all the ServiceNow designs are created within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI etc.
- Working with the Senior Service Integration Manager to effectively manage global risks and issues relating to ServiceNow.
Person specification/core competencies:
You must be an effective communicator and leader who can conceptualise, plan, document and communicate effectively. You will possess energy, develop value added service definitions and help lead change.
- Expertise and experience in ServiceNow delivery, implementation, enhancement, and support.
- Excellent knowledge in ServiceNow capabilities.
- In depth experience in developing strategies, roadmaps, standards and reference architecture/implementation and support of ServiceNow.
- Strong leadership business stakeholder and supplier management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to present ideas and solutions in a user-friendly language.
- Excellent presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and director level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods.
- Strong research skills.
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming ServiceNow services within a global company.
- A natural problem solver.
- Ability to set and effectively communicate ServiceNow strategies, roadmaps, policies and processes.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.