- Data Analysis
- France - Paris Office
Insight Manager - Southern Europe
About the role
The Insight Manager SEU will be accountable for delivering deep consumer, market and competitor insights in SEU and will play a critical role in transforming Dyson towards a consumer-focused sell-out driven organization, taking analytics capabilities to the next level
The SEU Insights Manager will help develop and execute strategy by leading key stakeholders through the insight hunting. As a key provider of key business insights and implications, you will outline research needs, design studies, and manage multiple research suppliers to provide actionable research insights.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Owner Experience, BI, Finance…) to drive consumer-centric strategies, to present forward-thinking consumer trends, and to socialize shopper, market, and product insight. This role requires a person with a creative bent, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team.
In this role you will provide support and guidance in the go-to-market category and media plans, enabling strategies that capture and speak to our target audiences and make the most efficient use of spend by investing in the areas with the highest growth opportunities for Dyson. In addition, this role fosters collaboration and a cohesive approach between the Market and Global Insights teams, aligning vision and scope across commercial strategies and projects.
You will also be able to recommend actions to be taken and influencing decisions across the business. You will deliver thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations to ultimately influence business decisions and maximize business value.
SEU region is a key pillar of EMEA region, where we would like the SEU Insight Manager to drive pilots and pioneer on owner research and understanding to drive acquisition and retention.
About the Role
- Be passionate for understanding consumer behaviors to influence business decisions
- Have an expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Influence the annual planning and strategy process with a consumer-led approach
- Develop research and strategies to drive growth of key products and categories including targeting, equity and positioning. Support new category expansion strategy
- Lead research pipeline development and yearly budget. Compile a research schedule that enables business growth. Ensure prioritization and alignment across functions
- Lead insights work to fully understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviours, key functional and emotional requirements, usage occasions, shopper needs, and translate those learning's into insights to be used as foundations for strategic action
- Execute annual research plan Review, compile and communicate
- Translate insights from disparate data sources and articulate opportunities, risks, efficiencies and recommendations for Dyson to Senior leaders (for business review, Senior visitors, strategic meeting prep..)
- Identify key market and cultural trends relevant to business objectives
- Actively communicate relevant research findings to business functions. Push the business to act on insights.
- Foster Insights relationship and lead initiatives across SEU
- Provide cross-functional Insights support on transformational initiatives (Direct)
- Set strategy for annual learning plan for the internal as they can develop and gain on insights skills. (ex insight training / how to brief)
- Partner with OE team to optimise owner experience, including optimizing Dyson loyalty program, NPS, and touch-points that communicate the Dyson point of difference in order to retain and attract new owners.
- Develop enhanced ways of working between market and group, focusing on collaboration between insights, OE, competitive, and other key stakeholders
- Identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximise learning and value from projects. Actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and negotiating of contracts. Manage BBI and PO on Ariba
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
2022 Annual research plan / top projects
- Support PC acceleration, FC premiumization and Sustainability readiness
- Drive research and knowledge on latest NPD to succeed with business
- Drive MMM project across SEU
- Create a new Direct tracker EMEA
- Drive Reputation EMEA survey to the next level (workshop, 2nd wave)
- Minimum 5-7 years in market research
- Client and agency side experience preferable
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Economics, Psychology or a related field
- Qualitative, Qualitative, Longitudinal, and Syndicated research skills and experience
- Proven strategic thinking: Strong analytical skills; proficient in statistics, experimental design, survey creation and analysis
- Excellent /storytelling skills demonstrated through strong public speaking and writing capabilities
- Excellent organization / project management skills
- Fluent English.
- Expert in Excel/PowerPoint knowledge essential
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Building the new and different; Creating the climate for success; Goes the extra mile; Thrives in change environment; Is an ambassador for the team
- Passionate Perseverance; Getting the best Result; Never wants to give up; Sets an standard of excellence in everything they do
- Focused on getting the right answer by thinking hard – looking for detail and patterns;
- Looks well beyond the obvious; sees opportunities where others don’t;
- Has vision of what is possible and a desire use great ideas to drive change;
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time, in accordance with local, state and company health and safety recommendations
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.