- Hullavington - United Kingdom
About the roleThis role will be part of a team that will focus on providing the tools necessary to support getting products to market that are innovative, exciting and robust. They will enable immersive and state-of-the-art methods for explaining our technologies to both external and internal customers. We never stand still and this role will be continually evolving and improving our simulation, VR and AR systems to keep pace with the cutting edge technologies utilised in our product portfolio.At Dyson we produce products that solve people’s problems and the Intelligent Machines team are focused on ensuring we get innovative, exciting and robust products into the real world so that we can make a genuine difference to people lives. We challenge the impossible, not just in the products we produce but also the way in which we develop them. We are looking for individuals who can work on the edge of what is possible whilst retaining a focus on ensuring we deliver products to market.
- Development and maintenance of Unity based robotics simulation development tool suite
- Work collaboratively with development and research teams to understand their needs and establish the appropriate tools to support their development work
- Behavioural development
- Continuous integration/testing
- AI/ML training
- Introduction of new simulation tools and methods to support development of new products and technologies
- Creation of augmented reality and virtual reality visualisation tools to support development, marketing and PR opportunities
- Interaction with external companies, primarily Unity, to ensure we are utilising the latest simulation technologies and leveraging external capabilities where required
About youEssential Skills:
- A BSc. or Masters in an engineering discipline or equivalent industrial / game development experience.
- Strong broad knowledge and experience with the Unity real time engine.
- Ability to work with third parties to define simulation roadmaps
- An interest in the real world applications of robots
- A passion for solving new problems, where the best practice guidelines have yet to be written
Any development specialities within UnityExperience developing VR & AR applicationsExperience developing solutions that meet specific user requirementsExperience working within in a SAFe/Agile development framework
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.