- Office Support, Facilities, Security and Risk
- Singapore - Singapore
We believe that accidents and injuries can be, and must be prevented. We also believe that proactive and positive Health and Safety practice, provides the foundation for the consistent Quality of our products. There has been much work already undertaken in partnership with our contract manufacturers, nonetheless we strive to continual improve and raise our standards.
The Global Environment, Health and Safety’ (EHS) Team’s purpose is to contribute to Dyson’s future growth by maintaining a 5* experience for our Employees, Shoppers, Owner’s and Business Partners. This includes the prevention of foreseeable harm, optimal people performance and well-being, reducing our impact on our Environment and the avoidance of significant business disruption or other operational loss.
About the role
- Manage site fire safety related matters including conduct regular site inspection, develop emergency response plan and procedures for the site, form and train emergency response team (ERT), conduct fire drills and ensure all site occupants familiar with the evacuation routes and procedures.
- Ensure fire safety equipment, fire safety related systems installed, and firefighting equipment are operational well function at all time, inspected and serviced by Contractors as per required. These include: fire extinguishers, water monitoring points, hose reel system and hydrants, public address system, fire alarm system and all other fire safety equipment and installations.
- Manage site workplace safety and health matters including regular site inspection, control and manage on-site contractors, vendors and visitors; implement permit to work system, ensure all work activities to have risk assessment in-placed, identify potential hazards, advise and recommend for the risk control measures, ensure risk control measures are effectively implemented; ensure all documentation / permits / licenses related to workplace safety, health and environmental control required by authorities and management are kept in order; ensure and enforce the adherence to site in-house rules and regulations and any other requirements.
- Report incident, accident, dangerous occurrence and near-misses, conduct investigation to identify the root cause and ensure all corrective and preventive actions are implemented effectively.
- Identify site fire safety and workplace safety and health potential hazards, advise and recommend rectification measures, ensure the effectiveness of implemented control measures.
- Manage and implement COVID-19 Safe Measures Management (SMM) legal compliance plan for the site, inclusive the SMM implement by on-site contractors and vendors. Conduct audit and inspection to ensure SMM effectiveness and adherence is enforced.
- Submit site WSH and SMM report to Dyson HSE timely.
- Any other assignments assigned by HSE management.
- Candidate must be a qualified Senior Fire Safety Manager.
- Candidate must possess minimum WSH Coordinator qualifications or acquiring a WSH Level B certificate.
- Possess Safe Measures Management, Risk Management and Managing Working at Height Competency will be an added advantage.
- Having at least 2 years of relevant work experience will be an added advantage.
- Part time contract basis; minimum 2/3 days per week. Working time can be re-arranged.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.