- Germany - Cologne Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. The company is known for surprising new inventions that defy convention.
From the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner, to air purifiers/fans without rotor blades, to our hair styling products that enable professional styling at home just like at the hairdresser: We continue to develop relentlessly - our products inspire every technology fan and make household and co. an experience!
Our culture is unique; The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
About the role
Owned & Paid Social Media Performance play an important role in our marketing mix and have an increasing importance to our Direct to consumer strategy. Our Social Media Accounts experienced high growth and our goal is to consistently improve our performance as well as our brand awareness on the most relevant social media channels. Dyson is about better ideas and better technologies, as the Social Media Executive you will closely work together with the Social Media Manager and the Media Managers to play a supportive role in executing the plans, monitoring activity and implementing new ways of working that reflect the growth ambition for Dyson to succeed. This role offers a great opportunity to further your career in a company driven by technology and innovation.
You will help define the future of Social at Dyson, working with cross-functional teams as they develop their social expertise and working closely with Group and our Center of Excellence, informing the global strategies.
The candidate will be directly reporting to Social Media Manager.
- Be the first point of contact for asset creation and content management for our paid and owned social media activities
- Manage the content and product listings on our Social media platforms through our publishing tool
- Prepare the daily/weekly/monthly reporting regarding agreed key performance indicators, suggest ways of improvement for performance & ways of working
Paid Social Media
- Planning and executing Paid Social Media Activities
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to ensure campaigns are running smoothly
- Localize and execute global social media campaigns for Dyson, working collaboratively with teams across the UK, with our Center of Excelllence and internal stakeholders
Owned Social Media
- Maintain the Dyson brand in all of our social communication channels, working to protect our reputation and brand narrative on social
- Be the first point of contact for our customer management agency to ensure a perfect user experience on our social media channels
Experience & Education
- A relevant bachelor’s degree from a reputable University is preferred including Marketing, Business Administration, Management etc.
- 2 years of relevant experience with Social Media or Online Marketing
- Strong understanding of social media landscape and current trends in social media and online marketing
- Strong understanding of Social Media Platforms and Content Creation for these Platforms (mainly IG and TikTok)
- Familiar with Social Publishing and Social Listening tools
- Fluent in English and German
- Hands-on mentality, dynamic and collaborative personality, interest of working in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
- Entrepreneurial delivery focused, and prepared to roll up sleeves to make things happen
- Strives in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- A strong team player
- An achiever, motivated by breaking new grounds and creating a business from scratch
Skills and competencies:
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Social Media Acumen and Interest
- Strong written skills: ability to write concise, engaging and when appropriate witty copy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office where priorities can change frequently
- A mature approach and outlook and an ability to work independently
- A strong team player with an ability and desire to interact with and respond to multidisciplinary and cross-cultural teams
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Jobrad (Bicycle leasing)
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Agile working
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Relaxed dress code
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.